Clear All

actually looks like the ref for once:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Comment

*Edit*: This has been scrapped*

Without the Hair strands

Comment

xD ahahaha, sorry dude, but woman looks a bit... terrible And somehow launching laugh xDD

Comment

U suck...that's my best model

Comment

Here's an Ingame shot of her:

Comment

keltar you really need to take your time when you are modelling. I mean this is ad but you can still get better result if you work more on the volume. The volume i what you nee to focus. Get the rough volume correct and you'lll see your model will be way better.

Comment

Originally posted by Kelt'ar View Post
                U suck...that's my best model
                Get out.

Normally this is the part where I list off your positive traits to soften the blow of my criticisms and give you motivation to improve yourself, but you don't deserve it, and I doubt I'd be able to find anything to list off anyways.
                • Learn some manners.
                • Learn to type.
                • Learn to interact with people.
                • Learn to model better than an epileptic toddler.
                • Learn to spell 'You'.
                • Learn to take criticism.
                • And Learn to act an age over 10 before coming back.

This is a forum for adults or at least people mature enough to be called one. We are a community of game developers, hobbyist and professional alike, whom are here to gain feedback and exchange knowledge. Please don't treat it as your personal ego dumping ground.

Just because you can follow a tutorial doesn't mean you should make your own thread to show how "cool and super neat" your mirror tool abused Gears-rip-off monstrosities are.

TL;DR? (You seem like the type to not read anything more than 3 sentences): Please find a different community to play host to your terrible attitude.

Comment

Originally posted by JonTerp View Post
                  Get out.

Normally this is the part where I list off your positive traits to soften the blow of my criticisms and give you motivation to improve yourself,*snipped*
                  Oy vey...Where do I start???
                  Ya...Thanks for the unnecessary tonguelashing.
                  [*]Learn some manners.[*]Learn to interact with people.

I'm pretty sure I've treated every one in here with dignity and respect. That includes not telling them what they deserve.

[*]Learn to type. [*]Learn to spell 'You'.
                  -You...You...You. Huh that was easy wasn't it? It's a forum, Typing U instead of you might be irritating to some people, but I'M NOT TYPING A LETTER TO THE UN!

[*]Learn to model better than an epileptic toddler.

Pretty sure I've stated that I am at best an armature modeller...It's called learning.

[*]Learn to take criticism.
                  That wasn't criticism it was trolling...All he did was say how terrible the woman looked.

[*]And Learn to act an age over 10 before coming back.
                  Ya...that one (U suck that was my best model?)...Have you heard of sarcasm? Humor?...I was trying to be funny...hence the childishness. Take a look at my response to other criticisms on this thread before U rip into me and say a bunch of stupid **** about my reading and writing abilities.

Oh& and BTW, this aint about my ego...I'm following a friends advice to post my artwork, so ppl might be interested with assisting me with my project...THat's the Idea.

Comment

NAH HOLYWAR !!!
                    Really stop, are you kids ?

Kelt'ar you are the best modeller/coder/mapper We've ever seen !!

Comment

No, I'm not...I'm still learning.

Comment

Closed in 3...2....1.... XD

Comment

Kelt'ar:

I suggest you take a few minutes to re-read this thread. Try to see how your posts have brought people to post negative feedback. Your artwork isn't terrible. But its far from perfect. I would suggest signing up to a game-art forum like Polycount.com / GameArtisans.org and learning the ropes from the experts there. They are very helpful, so long as your attitude is positive and you don't kick a gift horse in the mouth!

Learning to take critiques is the most important thing about being an artist. Not everyone will like your artwork, and there will be a mixed group of people who do and dont. Dont take bad critique badly! All critique is good! If some has taken the effort to write some guidelines or tips for you. Pay the respect they deserve and follow them/act on them.

On the spelling note. This isn't a gaming forum, this is supposed to be a professional game developer / hobby game developer forum. People wont stand for internet slang, text-typing, etc.

Learn to use a spellchecker / type properly. It definatly will help with other peoples perception of you. A few spelling mistakes here and there arn't the end of the world. But make sure you try to type properly!

Comment

Ok...I appreciate the advice, Crystal...I did go back and read my replies to crits...They all seem polite and cooperative to me. I guess I need to reconsider my habit of using the letter U for you...I've gotten complaints on another forum. But the "personal ego dumping ground" statement stung, as I am not trying to show how cool my "monstrosities" are...I'm just stoked to be able to create something cool and have it in the unreal engine.

Comment

At least you've stuck with it! Most people post a few pics at this quality and leave a week later giving up. Your work has definitely improved, just don't let ppl get you down :P

Comment

Originally posted by Kelt'ar View Post
                                No, I'm not...I'm still learning.
                                where are you learning to model. Are you part of any art forums. polycount,gameartisan,cgtalk. Saw any gnomonworkshop tutorials or any professional artist modeling tutorial. Just where are you learning what you are learning. An tell us how you are learning all this. Cuz I think you need a intervention. I mean your making a game with no specififc focus. Do you plan on eventually working in the industry as a artist or animator,etc? If not and this is just some kind of phase your going through where you want to make a game to be cool. You need to stop. Honestly anyone who tells you "that's awesome man" isnt being honest with you and trying to be nice. But this industry is not nice. For you to just be like "I'm not the best but Im going to do what I want to do" may seem like a proud thing to do but its not gonna help you and anything you learn with all this wont mean **** but everything you are doing is incorrect. Its like your trying to make a omelette with oatmeal when everyone knows you suppose to use eggs but your like I know Im not the best cook but Im going to cook this anyways because I want to learn. Now does that make sense. NO is doesnt. This is basically what all of us are thinking and reading when we read this and see what your doing.I know your just gonna reply this is how I learn "blah blah blah" and all that.An just be like your a jerk I am still learning,you dont know what your talking about,I'm going to still do what I want to do with this. So do that but when you do finish "Project Spryte" (which I'm sure you will) we just gonna look at all this like:

Comment

Working...
                                X