getting better keep at him.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I also fixed the texture...Looks less a like a toy:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Leave a comment:

• replied
    *Edit*: This has been scrapped*
    I redid the hair to look a little bit more like the reference...

could be better.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks, Man...I do have a lot of learning to do.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    hey keltar. There is plenty of tutorial to create decent characters. The only problem is that maybe you should take picture reference and when you start to model look at them and try to figure out what good or what's wrong. I think this wil boost your skills.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    you need to study more on asset creation. check out:

cghub.com
    cgtalk.com
    polycount
    gameartisan.com
    and get some gnomon dvds you have a grasp on what to do but you need to get a firm grip on everything before you continue in my opinion.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Ill help you work on this...just send me a pm

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Another bump...Got her done...Here's some shots in Maya:

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Bump...Here's the concept for the Leading character:

Leave a comment:

• replied

Wip of the protagonist:

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Max Power View Post
    but nothing gameplay-wise outside of opening any map in UDK and typing "behindview".
    Actually that's a custom camera...The map is a test map obviously...but thx for the crits.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey Kelt'ar,

First of all, getting a working character, and your own weapon models in game and work is a solid techincal accomplishment that is nothing to be scoffed at.

A couple points on top of that:

1) Your original video doesn't really represent anything anyone can latch themselves upon. Sure you've nailed the above stated tech acheivement, but nothing gameplay-wise outside of opening any map in UDK and typing "behindview". Therefore, it's difficult to attract anyone to. You can call that a product of the system, cause I can stil recognizing all you've done here as quite a bit of work. I reckon, if you have more of a vision beyond this character, it'd be in your best interest to articulate it in this thread. This would be what you call your IDEAS. As you stated, but did not present.

2) Art style means a LOT more than one character. Honestly, you need have palette, shapes, culture, etc documented before you can throw around words like "style". As someone that's been there before, I can recognize that, of couse, you have this stuff figured out in your head. But, the people, they need to know before they leap in excitement.

Keep pushing your ideas, and let people know what you think. If they are hot, folks will attach themselves to it.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Dudes, I'm not looking to create the next gears of war here. I Just want to create a simple but fun to play game with my own Ideas and art style. Any help will be appreciated.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Moon Boots!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Kelt'ar View Post
    Hahaha...funny. U know how to script?
    Kelt`ar not meaning to be nasty or anything, but with almost 600 views and just 1 other reply besides this one, I don`t think your gonna get any help, the best thing you can do is improve your modeling skills and texturing as there is alot of room for improvement here.

That being said its nice to see a custom character or two around in the development phase.

Hope you take my advice.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X