Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

Sanctity Lost

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alexis Final

Comment

Enturi Skin:

Comment

89 bones, I'm not totally sure, but with more than 75 bones, the engine does a extra drawcall.

Comment

Huh...It shouldnt have that much

Comment

Wow keltar that enturi skin looks pretty good.

Comment

Hi Keltar.Ive been looking at your advance in some time but i realy think its time for some critik that coud help you.I see that you are trying to do everything from the scripting and animation down to modeling.I have done it(still doing it from time to time)and im sure you can feel the weight by now.In regards to gameplay i can say you have it figured and done but trying to do everything says it word.I see that you have the tallent and definitely passion but if you lets say,for example like modeling,you shoud give the project rest and spend 2-3 months dedicated only on modeling/texturing.Try to loose some of that quantity and go for more quality.
              I suspect that the characters evolve from on base mesh which you just modify and most of them have the same silhouette.Its going to be better to model them with the mouth close.(even if you want to animate them later speaking it wont be a problem).Use some custom specular maps.The specualr right now is very uniform and doesnt say this is metal,that is plastic and that is cloth/fiber.Work more on proportions.(gather a big library of photos,videos(zbrush helps)and even some people try with figures on their desk.With time they help becouse they are infront of you.Example:
              http://www.anatomytools.com/male-figures-c6.php

The Enturi looks good but i think the arms are too short.

Comment

Majic12, Thanks for the crits...I am infact doing everything myself and at the same time working on SL2, and feeling the weight indeed.
                1. In SL2, I am using a basemesh to rough out my characters in zbrush, a skill I learned after making the above characters. These characters
                were all created independently from scratch. The reason they seem to have the same shape is because I use reference models to create
                them, so they have the same pose and general shape, which come in handy during rigging and animation time.
                2. I model my characters with the mouth slightly open (because I save a version of that model for facial animation), I however make sure
                to manually close the mouths before I take rig them.
                3 Maybe the Skeletal mesh editor doesnt show this properly, but trust me I spend an insame amount of effort to make sure that each
                material (Metal, Fabric, rubber, plastic) have vastly different specular results. I use different effects on the diffuse and specular on the
                materials, and also give them different specular (brightness) values. Then I also give them different Specular Power values. It is
                anything but uniform.

Once again, thanks for the Cits and commendation.

Comment

You are right,one thing is the Skeletal mesh editor and another ingame.Didnt saw your thread in ue4 forum.If you are now using zbrush i recommend in the future to take a look at topogun for making retopology of your meshes as in zbrush is still a pain.And one thing that helped me are those 2 tutorials:
                  http://www.thegnomonworkshop.com/sto...for-Production
                  http://www.thegnomonworkshop.com/sto...for-Production
                  They dont cover every step by step but if you have some time in the future give them a try.It realy boosts the level
                  Good luck with the project dude and i hope you succeed.

Comment

Thanks again, magic12 . Will do.

This is the concept for the new enturi guardian:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkpp

Comment

I made a new friend

Comment

Is this going to be for a commercial work?If not i recommend if you have ut3 to make a copy of the krall upk,import it in udk and that way automaticly(in script)to replace the human skeleton/anim set with the krall skeleton as he and the enturi have the same legs construction and the character woud probably benefit more from the beast animations rather than the human ones.

Comment

majic 12 has good points about the Enturi creature. When he said his arms looks short, I agreed in the first look, but when I saw another pic from the same creature, the arms are longer. I think would be nice see the characters' printscreen out of that AnimSet (or SkeletalMesh) editor box. It seems the standard FOV for those editor boxes are more than 200.0 and everything gets distorted there.
                          So, Kelt'ar, the print screen from the PIE looks better, those shots from editors get distorted

Comment

That is correct...And thank you for being such an awesome supporter! I owe you dinner!

Comment

No problem!

Comment

New video Update!!! Vlog comming soon.

Comment

Working...
                                X