Sanctity Lost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Birthnight, there is no need to start insulting those who are trying to help. Fact of the matter is that the OP DOES need to improve. There has been improvement over the course of the thread, but that hasn't been a whole lot. Sure, one could say it is different, but it is not different in a good way. Good art direction doesn't immediately mean one has to go for a realistic appraoch, you know. It means you know how to reach a certain visual effect and, as painful as it may for the OP to hear, it is a fact that there is a lot of improvement to be had in that area. Constructive criticism is always hard to swallow.

Fact of the matter is that DreadStunLock gave some very good pointers for the OP to work with, and the OP acknowledged that. No need to start lashing out to those who have spent time writing those replies.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    *%# ALL THESE A*)H(LES that think they can tell YOU how to make YOUR game! I think all your posts show incredible originality, creativity, and determination. So evvveryone else wants to see what they've seen a million times before. You are showing us something new.

Sure, take their advice if you agree with it, but I would hate to see your game ruined because you tried to please everyone. Make the game you want to create and it will be awesome. Keep up the great work!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    @ Deadstunlock...Man, U skewered me...but you're right...I aknowledge those problems...

got a vid of a new weap...I used the plug and play sniper rifle for this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FT1qB...feature=relmfu

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I don't know if you are still active or not, but I will give some criticism.

The falcon? Is terrible, an ogre skinned humanoid with a vulture head and a mohawk in gears of war silhouette armor with a childish looking logo of a high-five?

Your color pallete is way off and looks kiddy, and you definitely not only need to work on proportions, but you need to take a lot more references, not just 1 human, 1 bird, 1 hairstyle.

When people say to take references, you should have an art folder with at least 10 different folders, each folder containing at the very least 10 of Male/Female human pictures, birds of the prey, hairstyles, armor, military grade equipment.

I have read through the whole thread, and you don't seem to improve a lot. Creating a funky type of a game, especially without a storyline, is a danger play. This is not an era of Counter Strike, where they created stuff from real life, with a very small story involved if not at all.

Also, you will never be able to create a succesful game on UDK by yourself especially a shooter, the only person I know who managed that, is Notch, but his game is like 16 pixel art or something?

And even now he has his own team to create games.

My only advice is what my friend told me and I stick to it. Don't create something that looks aweful if you don't want to get bashed.

That's my advice to you and that's for myself, I do not expect you nor want you to follow that path, but up till now, you haven't improved much.

Keep trying, and work harder, and also taking reference from the game from an amateur is not advised.

Keep going.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    *Edit*: This has been scrapped*
    Ladies and gentlemen,meet the Talon!!!:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Concept of a creature...I'll be posting the model tonight...:

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Have you tried modelling to an image plane? Because I find that solves proportion problems pretty easily for me.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Awesome work Kelt'ar! I love catching your updates. Keep 'em coming please!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Ya...I'm working on the tiling...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Glad to see you're still at it. If I may make a suggestion, while your modelling is improving (although your proportions are still a bit funky but not too bad!), the textures are what's killing you. They clearly tile and on such a small surface it's sort of surprising. What method are you using to texture your characters (e.g., are you painting over the UV map in photoshop or trying to use 3d paint package)? I can try to point you towards some texturing tuts, if your textures were better it would make a ton of difference! It's cool to see the improvement from page 1 on the thread though, you are getting better

Leave a comment:

• replied
    An underboss character:

Leave a comment:

• replied
    He's done.
    Meet the Dice Trooper:

In UDK:

Soldier Char:

Leave a comment:

• replied

This is a shot of one of the boss characters with new texture:

Also worked on the anatomy.

This guy is supposed to be a trooper from the same faction...Body texture is temporary

See page one for Updates...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Kelt'ar View Post
    Hey guys...I'm working a a little project...It's a 3rd person shooter. Don't have a good enough storyline to post yet. But I'd need some help with scripting so if anybody's interested, let me know...

Here's a vid of my progress:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCpgvukOhvU
    I recommend going to a thread like here.

http://www.moddb.com/forum/board/recruiting-resumes

Most people here come to talk about issue's, etc....

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Working on characters and weapons!!!:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hweb1...el_video_title

Leave a comment:

Working...
X