• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Dude,stop instigating this.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by xxfatmikexx13 View Post
    Anyway...i like your model Keltar,everyone has their own style,so ur telling me toon games and cartoons have to have porportion? No,the eagle can have a short arm and a long arm why? its part of the work,and you have no right to say this looks terrible,becuase what if the artist intended for the chracter to have no porportions and be low poly? Im acutlly working on a toony game and we have skewed meshes and over porportioned meshes why? becuase thats the style. That wasn't constructive criticize. Your besacilly telling him "I DONT LIKE IT GO CHANGE THOSE STUFF CUZ IT DONT FIT,well you know what in the eyes of the creator it does look good. Now dont get me wrong the model can be polished,but its great. Not many people can model organic stuff,im still learning how to. Anyway i hope this post is the last post talking about fights,because these forums aren't made for people to fight,but to help eachother. Keep on going keltar,haters are going to hate all you gotta do is prove them wrong and keep on going.
    I so wish I could show this to EA or Activision, or any other top company.

He would be a laughing stock if he showed his portfolio, not the quality, but the idea. I can see his idea, it's a mutated dude, in a humanoid form, with vulture like features and a mohawk for the "cool" effect. Is it original? Nope, he took most of it out of the Gears of War, why is his thing going to go down the drain? Because people would play Gears of War and shoot things in much better view, than this. This isn't mean, this is life.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    OK so i just bumped in to this thread. god what a bunch of mean comments. look dude dont listen to these guys you keep it up the more you work on it the better. if your having problems with perportions and what not download make human and model around the mesh it will help you learn the human perportons better. the models look excellent for a noobie modeler. though your colors need some work :P just keep working on it you'll get there.

art is only part innate ability but mostly its lots of work an practice, and you have a great start so keep it up.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Anyway...i like your model Keltar,everyone has their own style,so ur telling me toon games and cartoons have to have porportion? No,the eagle can have a short arm and a long arm why? its part of the work,and you have no right to say this looks terrible,becuase what if the artist intended for the chracter to have no porportions and be low poly? Im acutlly working on a toony game and we have skewed meshes and over porportioned meshes why? becuase thats the style.
    Originally Posted by Dreadstunlock
    The falcon? Is terrible, an ogre skinned humanoid with a vulture head and a mohawk in gears of war silhouette armor with a childish looking logo of a high-five?
    That wasn't constructive criticize. Your besacilly telling him "I DONT LIKE IT GO CHANGE THOSE STUFF CUZ IT DONT FIT,well you know what in the eyes of the creator it does look good. Now dont get me wrong the model can be polished,but its great. Not many people can model organic stuff,im still learning how to. Anyway i hope this post is the last post talking about fights,because these forums aren't made for people to fight,but to help eachother. Keep on going keltar,haters are going to hate all you gotta do is prove them wrong and keep on going.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    lol - wow. just give it up...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by BirthNight View Post
    I don't want to join the gaming industry you nerd.

My post was obviously directed at Kelt'ar... not to you. Constructive criticism is one thing, being mean is another.
    And I wasn't being mean, noone was. And you throwing a pathetic insult of a "Nerd" just shows how pubescent you really are.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Come on, get over it already. I've been following this post for like two weeks now and I see nothing but hateful comments which, again, seem to make Kelt'ar feel like he's getting "skewered".

Anyway, this is becoming monotonous so this is the last time I'm responding to you dude.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Yeah, I know Kelt'ar. I am just annoyed that this guy likens words like ******* equal to constructive criticism. Makes me feel right as if I am at Deviantart, which is a shame, considering this place is supposed to be more professional.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Take it easy guys....Just look at my sig for the solution to this issue.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Think about what you just said...'insults' is the key word there, if you don't get what I'm saying.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Yeah, that's your opinion, and I stated mine. Kelt'ar probably wouldn't feel like he got "skewered" if people weren't being just downright mean. I stick by what I wrote.
    And that is your right. That is still no reason to start throwing insults around just because you don't agree with someone's opinion.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    @ Everyone argueing, this is not you thread, this is Kel'tar's. So Comment on his work not eachother. I looked through this whole thread and I would say he has made a lot of improvements in his modeling, yes he can always improve and he is. The fact of the matter is, after all the criticism (which is sometimes needed) he is still going with his game and I give him Kudos for that. He will come out of this project more expierenced and be able to improve upon what he has already learned, some of us could only wish to have the same dedication as he does.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I don't want to join the gaming industry you nerd.

My post was obviously directed at Kelt'ar... not to you. Constructive criticism is one thing, being mean is another.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Yeah, that's your opinion, and I stated mine. Kelt'ar probably wouldn't feel like he got "skewered" if people weren't being just downright mean. I stick by what I wrote.
    You ignorant child, if you are going to stick to your opinion like this, not a single gaming/entertainment industry will ever hire you.

Kel'tar's way of style to have big *** boots and try to have normal proportions to other body parts will not achieve him a great result, that's why you don't see games like Gears of War have 1 arm bigger than the other and say it's a style, and a gun size of a nail.

Stop being ignorant, and before you even think of joining the industry, learn to take criticism, because if you can't, this industry is not for you and never will be.

This isn't 2001 where games have such blocky and childish characters.

Leave a comment:

• replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X