No announcement yet.

Sanctity Lost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are your characters humans? yes , then copy the proportions of a real human not of a robot ,or humanoid or whatever...

Comment

Originally posted by Kelt'ar View Post
      @ Neo...LOL. Its strange that I'm still getting the proportions "thing". I used the UT3 Default Ironguard male as reference.
      Should be ok by now.
      That's the thing. Male and female anatomy are different already and you are also taking an android as reference. You should try to get her look better for that girl's sake at least. :P

Comment

My concept , theory or how ever you wanna call it , though don't take it literally

even music it's a copy of the real world ....

Comment

Originally posted by Neongho View Post
          Are your characters humans? yes , then copy the proportions of a real human not of a robot ,or humanoid or whatever...
          I didnt mean that **** Liandri robot. I meant this guy: http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e2...ealBotarms.jpg

Cus I was using the UT3 skeleton for my characters. Obviously I tweak my female characters.

Comment

Just keep working , using this i told you , you are doing it well , your game concept it's cool

Comment

The UT Models tend to exaggerated in some human aspects, the shoulders, feet, barrel of the chest are all enlarged to suit the art style. Not understanding the shape and anatomy of the human model and simply "using reference" won't entitle your creations to any form of beauty.

I know I'm being harsh, but your previous posts seem as if you put off the vibe that you've learned everything you need to. Game development is a tough subject, you want to create a game all by yourself? Sure, it's completely possible, but not without the EDUCATION (and money). Skill isn't something you gain overnight, ignorance to criticism will only do worse in the long run. With all that in mind, do you know what I suggest?

Take a break off your project and focus on refining your skill.

Comment

@ Derp Sorry if I sounded arrogant. THats my main problem, the bulkiness of the UT3 male char...but if I want to bind my char to that skeleton, I figure its the way to go.

Comment

More Chars!!!

Stephen Torrent/J Durant

Both EGB Officers.

Vladimir Drugov/Militia Mecenery

Vladimi Dugov is a fomer EGB Colonel and Now leader of the Militia.

VLog!
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1Res...q0CBpw&index=2

Dugov Showcase:

...Editing...

Comment

Jessica pride.

Aide to vladimir drugov. Watchdog of the militia.

Comment

New Crouch Animation

[/QUOTE]

Comment

Nice 3D art there..

Comment

Thanks, Dude

Comment

Hello again, guys. I got more goodies:

New Vlog: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e83JV...q0CBpw&index=1

New Update:

Comment

Aide to vladimir drugov. Watchdog of the militia.

I had to redo the mask of the Berrano soldier...The oroginal kinda looks like judge Dredd...pretty wack.

[/QUOTE]

Comment

Seriously.

I have to commend you on your dedication. But if you'd actually listen to people and follow their suggestions, study and learn instead of staying stuck in your own methods you'd be way better by now.

I've seen tons of people going from complete amateurs to absolutely amazing professionals in the same amount of time you've been dabbling with the same stuff and only getting slightly better. Most people actually tend to get pretty good already by their third character (if they've put in proper effort). You've made, what? 15 characters by now? And the latest is hardly any better than the 1st. I'm terribly sorry for sounding so harsh, but it's the truth.
                                If you'd just make an honest attempt to learn, instead of repeating yourself, you would have actually been quite good by now. Keep at it like this, and we will see pretty much the same stuff 10 years from now, and you'll be even 9.98 years further behind in quality than what you already are.

Making the same object 100 times doesn't make you get better when you make the same errors 100 times and never learn from them.

Seriously, read some books, watch some tutorials, learn some techniques, study anatomy, study texturing, study UVMapping, study modeling, get tons of references, explore and experience lots of styles, learn from others. And most of all, get out of your comfort zone (even though your current zone shouldn't honestly be that comforting), as it will improve your techniques by the ten-folds.
                                Stop making unjustified excuses, you're only fooling yourself, not us, it's not our time you're wasting, it's your own. I'm honestly concerned for your own sake with the amount of time you've wasted so far, and how much better it could have been spent.

Comment

Working...
                                X