X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Delta Sand 1973

well first i am not prof just learning still so don't get too excited
    I been making this game about October war 1973 " Kubar war "
    this game to demonstrate my work on Modeling , i don't have much skills in level design as you see .

This is the Egyptian campaign , i am not sure i can continue this game alone to make Israeli campaign levels.

historical game , well i am 3d Artist but i work alone completely , well i could use your rate and tips about it , help with programming if possible contact me please , check my You tube channel and sorry for low res Video.

i have add and changed a lot of stuff from this video and add zooming functionality thanks to a_karimi

weapon skeletal mesh & characters i used geodav tutorials was helpful

please leave ur comments Tips to help me out , all help if you interesting is welcomed

http://www.youtube.com/user/MrSameho?feature=mhsn

I am Releasing A beta test of this game

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Delta-...77471225609203

Soon it will be uploaded on the Page

UPDATES

hey not too shabby! I'd really reduce or even turn off that ambient occlusion though. man its really heavy.

Comment

Very cool stuff! Really like how you used a lot of UDK's basic stuff to put together a pretty cinematic gameplay vid. Looking forward to seeing more of this.

Comment

Originally posted by percydaman View Post
        hey not too shabby! I'd really reduce or even turn off that ambient occlusion though. man its really heavy.
        thanks , is there any way i can make it less ?

Comment

Go to the content browser and type in the search bar -> UTPostProcess_Console
          This file contains the default post process chain. Open it and find the AmbientOcclusionEffect node. Select the node and the property window appears at the bottom. Now you can change the SSAO to something lighter. At the end, don't forget to save the package.

Comment

Hey, I would love to help you out in this project!!!

Send Me an email at: nvisiongamecompany@gmail.com

I am a SCAD student Studying game art and design, so I could really help you out with the models and environments and stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by WolverineFRS View Post
              Go to the content browser and type in the search bar -> UTPostProcess_Console
              This file contains the default post process chain. Open it and find the AmbientOcclusionEffect node. Select the node and the property window appears at the bottom. Now you can change the SSAO to something lighter. At the end, don't forget to save the package.
              Thanks a lot that helped me much

Originally posted by nvisiongamecompany View Post
              Hey, I would love to help you out in this project!!!

Send Me an email at: nvisiongamecompany@gmail.com

I am a SCAD student Studying game art and design, so I could really help you out with the models and environments and stuff.
              sure i will

Comment

Wow,this is Cool!Looking forward to seeing more!

Comment

i finished this level added the tank finally add some smoke it looks better but i have problem with shadows i don't feel that shadows is great with light-mass even preview is much better , dunno why

New Video has been uploaded with all.

please give me feedback

trying to make city from 1973 but still gonna learn Proc-building.

Comment

I hope they bring back the Ambient Occlusion settings back into level properties because right now it changes them to the whole UDK engine, and if you want to have different settings in different levels?

Thanks for the tip by the way!

Comment

Great update! When you jump in the tank at the end it looks great.

There are three materials above all other art right now that could use some work. Generally speaking, they all seem to be too small or scaled up to large. Either way a blurred appearance and obvious tiling are the result.

In order of appearance, the water material is very difficult to read as water. Sort of looks like lettuce or green skin.

In the distance the terrain fades to a single color, and covering large areas makes it appear as nothing.

Third, if anything fix this, is the stone material used on the ziggurat looking temple. This picture you found is of a very small stone wall. It makes your grand structure looks like a planter. Example:
                      http://www.24ktgreen.com/uploaded_images/rockwall.JPG
                      Reference the building you mean this to be, and create a material using its scale.

Correcting those three will bring them up to the quality of the rest of the environment. It's not to say everything else is perfect, but those are the bad apples of the bunch.

The battle dust particles work great. They are a fantastic choice grounding a lot of the scene, and I'd look into more war/desert atmosphere style particles you can use to melt the scene together. Speaking of grounding objects, investing time to ground buildings and objects with decals would be a huge bonus in the visual department. (And spitting a wake stream off the sides of the boat wouldn't be a bad idea either).

ivangraphics: This is all control in the post process chain of your level. There is a default, but you can make your own like any other asset in the level same as you can make a material to replace that default blue/white checker material.

Comment

Originally posted by Max Power View Post
                        Great update! When you jump in the tank at the end it looks great.

There are three materials above all other art right now that could use some work. Generally speaking, they all seem to be too small or scaled up to large. Either way a blurred appearance and obvious tiling are the result.

In order of appearance, the water material is very difficult to read as water. Sort of looks like lettuce or green skin.

In the distance the terrain fades to a single color, and covering large areas makes it appear as nothing.

Third, if anything fix this, is the stone material used on the ziggurat looking temple. This picture you found is of a very small stone wall. It makes your grand structure looks like a planter. Example:
                        http://www.24ktgreen.com/uploaded_images/rockwall.JPG
                        Reference the building you mean this to be, and create a material using its scale.

Correcting those three will bring them up to the quality of the rest of the environment. It's not to say everything else is perfect, but those are the bad apples of the bunch.

The battle dust particles work great. They are a fantastic choice grounding a lot of the scene, and I'd look into more war/desert atmosphere style particles you can use to melt the scene together. Speaking of grounding objects, investing time to ground buildings and objects with decals would be a huge bonus in the visual department. (And spitting a wake stream off the sides of the boat wouldn't be a bad idea either).

ivangraphics: This is all control in the post process chain of your level. There is a default, but you can make your own like any other asset in the level same as you can make a material to replace that default blue/white checker material.

i would really need a hand on water matrials i am working alone really i cant be good in everything

Comment

Hm, well, GDC_FeaturesDemo and VCTF-Necropolis both have examples of water materials you can look into. I have a feeling, however, those materials are much more dynamic than you require for only using the water in an intro cinematic.

Comment

You know I've always toyed with the idea of using a flat Sheet Static mesh and then just making a High Def seamless(ish) tiling normals texture for waters, giving it a bit of spec, hint of color, a bit of distortion and the like. also some displacement mapping would likely help as well to sell the water ripple.

Wouldn't really work well for a beach however. unless you couple that with some waves that wash up and down the surf and the like maybe as a sort of animated decals?some fog under the sheet that quickly starts to obscure the view below the water would also help sell the effect I'm sure.

How ever this is all theory as how to actually go about doing this in UDK is still beyond me as I have yet to try it myself. Still a noob, but getting better with each project I set myself to.

Great model work so far and gameplay is looking awesome so far, Tweaks and Changes are bound to be in store but it looks like it could really shape up into a solid game.

Comment

can any programmer help making a menu with scale-form
                              also need reload system
                              i need to disable Fake death (F) key
                              i want this to start as my game not a MOD type like death match any one interesting ?

Comment

Working...
                              X