• Show
Clear All

• replied
    i like your work .. often try this but i am not soo good at udk

but the castle need a little bit more color I think

a red flag .. green moos or dirt .. shiny metal

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Nice video! Looking forward to see what comes along with gameplay.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    You have to clean up on the second floor, big mess
    Other than that... Itz nize!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Better quality video.

Also, physics testing fun at the end and parallax mapping on floor and walls.

I'll probably not use physics, at least not in everything. It's nice but it completely breaks the atmosphere.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Drevlin, usually using both is better indeed, I'm not using lightmaps at all because in the few tests I did the difference wasn't noticeable, because my environment is very dark (night time with just torch lights a dirty walls). Also, because all the small objects are dynamic so, only the main building would use the lightmaps.
    For now a skylight is doing the job of bounced light fine... for now.

As for performance... there are 5 moveable point lights with 512 shadow resolution. It is running well above 40fps. I have not run into any performance issues so there is nothing really to tell.
    I am being careful with the number of textures though, instead of many small texture maps I am using big generic ones that are shared by many objects.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Samize View Post
    ivangraphics, yes, all dynamic. I opted for dynamic shadows mostly because I wanted them to move with the flickering of the flames... and also to avoid all the hassle of configuring lightmaps. 8P
    Have you considered using dynamic lights and lightmaps? I have found this to be the way to go so you get a nice bounce of light in the environment and avoid all out blacks.
    Would be interested to hear more about performance on this one.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Does anyone know if there is something wrong with lens flare?
    I used them before and they worked fine, I tried to make one now and couldn't get the image to show.
    Tried making a material like one in the examples, didn't work. Tried to plug the texture directly in the emissive, didn't work.
    In the lens flare, tried to put the material as source, didn't work. Tried to put as another element, didn't work.

I get the feeling I'm missing something but I can't find any clue in the documentation.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    ivangraphics, yes, all dynamic. I opted for dynamic shadows mostly because I wanted them to move with the flickering of the flames... and also to avoid all the hassle of configuring lightmaps. 8P

Leave a comment:

• replied
    looks sweet i understand you are using dynamic shadows right?

I tried to figure out how to make static shadow maps to work with static meshes [there uvw remaping option in static mesh editor which enebles them, works nicely for having soft shadows or in more complicated scenes]...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Looks really nice.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    It's coming along nicely, good work.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I have almost finished the interior of one of the towers.

I made a video to show the illumination with moving shadows and gfx...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FN4N3Qyanb0

Leave a comment:

• replied
    reminds me DM-Barricade from first UT

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Yer I would take a look at the Texel density (texture scale) of the floor as it seems way out of whack with the rest of it. But looks good overall.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Great modelling work, looking forward to seeing this finished.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X