No announcement yet.

Bioshock Inspired (now with download)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is nice looking. I enjoyed the layout, and that you implemented working doors and such.

I wish you had done more textures/materials. I feel this could be so much more. That said, you did a nice job with the lighting to hide this face.

Comment

Originally posted by Digital Nightfall View Post
      I decided to make this available for download.

http://www.filefront.com/17359053/UD...rshas-Arts.zip

That's everything... UDK executable, 3dsMax files, Presentation doc.

sueds, my workflow is included in the presentation doc:
      Good stuff! Will check it out later today. Thanks for sharing!

Comment

Wow, thanks Drevlin! I hope you'll let me know what you think of it.

Max, I agree that a thorough materials job would add a whole new level of impact to this, but my strengths are in level layout, plot, and architecture, but not so much on the EA/texturing side of things. I wanted to focus on my strengths, here.

Comment

Excellent work, very impressive.

Comment

Very clean and nice. Did you bake AO or are you getting these results entirely from Light mass?

Comment

Looks really cool. Someone said about a lack of colour, but I think it's really good - very subtle, but it works. Nice job

Comment

Downloading! I'll get back to you.

Comment

It's light mass only. The results would have been even more solid if I had hand-crafted the lightmaps like I had done with the cathedral map. To be honest I often don't like the effect that AO gives. The dark outline around things makes the scene feel too cell-shaded.

Comment

you can tweak AO in world properties. Not the SSAO but ya know, the baked one.

Comment

I think these are excellent. You know what I like most about them? I don't feel like I am looking at a "level". They look like a real location that was inhabited by people. People lived there, but something tragic happened and now they are gone. These shots almost tell a story on their own. Well done.

Comment

Thank you, Marcus. That's very high praise. I hope everyone will feel the same way when they play my level in the upcoming (unannounced) game I'm working on.

And thanks Drevlin, good to know!

Comment

I really enjoyed it! I just kept wanting to see more textures going on.

Comment

Working...
                          X