X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Synthetic" - Video Game WIP 2

================================================
    NEW WIP video -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3vAqpPfk_k
    (sorry if its a little choppy, my computer can barely run it well with fraps)
    ================================================

(previous WIP thread -> http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=736046)

-------

Update on my game progress since last time i posted a WIP (back on July 4th):

-New game name - Synthetic, sci-fi action game

-Weapons (where most of the time has been spent lately) -> Laser gun (RF3000 sounds like an okay name? i dont know..naming can be tough for me!) can shoot out a projectile and make a sound when fired. Also i was able to make the projectile always hit the center of the small circular reticle as youll see in the WIP video. All i have right now is pressing a button to put in the hands of the character. So in general a WIP.

-HUD update -> Green skeleton bar for "Lifeforce" which is a term that sounds better with my sci-fi theme; when you take damage the skeleton bar shape loses height and therefore is shown less; will change colors at or below certain lifeforce readings. Gold-ish stamina bar for "Stamina", pretty straightforward like in most games todays with running. Also youll see the sprinting animation depletes the stamina bar and then it will regenerate. Radar using an older tutorial, works but i intend to have a blank replacement minimap. Stance icon for showing whether your currently standing, crouched, or prone.

-Rotate Camera-> hold right mouse button down so the camera rotates around the player. when you release the mouse button the camera snaps back smoothly behind the character, hopefully people like how it turned out.

-More animations obviously -> to account for sprinting, and all of the other animations you see. Some are kinda rough around the edges maybe?, and some i havent done yet like the recoil of a gun etc...

Thats basically the major things that have happened, hopefully people think that things are still moving along.

Screenshots:

(Rotate Camera in action with the currently untextured weapon =P)

(Prone position with shoulder cam ready to shoot)

great progress... i like to player controller.. keep going!

Comment

thanks, same to you as well - hopefully i will still have time to make advancements even after when university classes start in a few days

Comment

nice work! im really liking the prone position stuff and the weapon systems are looking solid too. I may suggest that your "stance" icon should be moved to the top right by the radar to even the hud out a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by Ziller View Post
          nice work! im really liking the prone position stuff and the weapon systems are looking solid too. I may suggest that your "stance" icon should be moved to the top right by the radar to even the hud out a bit.
          i was thinking that exact same thing, maybe its not even necessary to have it? im definitely feeling the "less is more" notion for the HUD so i may just get rid of the stance icon all together.

Comment

Working...
          X