• Show
Clear All

• replied
    wow, this looks really good! :-o

Any concerns about copyrights issues?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    hey bro

I must say man this is some very great work has a good feel to it im new to udk and hope to create something as great as this awsome bro

Leave a comment:

• replied
    i played your demo just a few minutes

very very impressive , really great job !!!!!!!

good luck .

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Not gunna lie, I thought this was fake. I honestly thought that you had taken a cinematic from some other terminator thing and put your name on it. And then I noticed it was gameplay, and that you had a moddb, and a demo link.
    That title really deceived me. I know I shouldn't judge a book by it's cover, but that logo looks very amateurish and turned me off right away. But your attention to detail and style is incredible. Kudos.

You did this all yourself?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Sweet, man, gotta play that when it drops.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Looking good, will try it now.
    Make the whole thing chaotic and dramatic(sad). That mix goes great into Terminator(1,2) concept.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    i gotta give you credit, after the remade version is compared to how it was before, i can honestly say its alot better than before. the only thing i would change is the flashes, they still feel a little bit of an issue as before, i'd tone that down a small bit but otherwise very very good job

Leave a comment:

• replied
    You know what ?

I LOVE YOU.

And i'm really impressed by your post-processing work.
    I'm also driving my project alone and the amount of work you did amazes me.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by GridlockShock View Post
    Here is an Updated version of the demo.

I recommend you play this one instead.

Article

Download

Video
    I'm downloading the demo now, but from what I saw in the video I already like it. I really dig the camera work and the various elements that are happening in the background; it gives it a bigger feeling which leads it away from being linear (Not saying it is since I haven't played it yet, but just saying). But overall you got something really nice on your hands, and it does look similar in style to Killzone, but that is not a bad thing.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I love the chaos style of gameplay, Pretty sweet for an Alpha demonstration.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'm curious, what was the controversy behind the gun?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Here is an Updated version of the demo.

I recommend you play this one instead.

Article

Download

Video

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I grabbed the demo as soon as I saw it up on Kotaku. Great stuff!

Since it's pre-alpha, I don't think there's anything to criticize since I'm sure you can tell for yourself what needs work, lol. Graphics are incredible, and the grittiness is phenomenal. Definitely will keep an eye out on both the forum and ModDB.

-Taylor

LogicTree Studios

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Alright so I'll be the critical sour-puss, don't take it the wrong way, it's very cool, but I'm mostly seeing uncritical praise by people who haven't actually downloaded it (srsly?)...

First off the good:
    - Your weapon and weapon animations = very good.
    - Some of the props are really quite well done (though some are pretty rough, it's a mixed bag).
    - The cinematic intro is fun and largely well done, minus small stuff like the camera panning down to a pure black portion of the helicopter.

The not-so-good:
    - Everyone's mentioned it, the FOV. It's like playing a game in Zoom mode.
    - As mentioned, it's frankly somewhat random. Random bangs, random flashes, no idea whats supposed to be going on, what I'm supposed to do. Zero structure, so it ends up being a series of random flashes and noises before dying.
    - Due to the above, you really have no idea wtf is going on or what's actually on screen since it's a zoomed in laser boom-boom fest.
    - The gun has no sense of whether it's really hitting anything or causing damage.
    - Obviously its an alpha, so there's a ton of rough things (which is fine, it's alpha) such as: udk HUD overwritting your own HUD/crosshairs when hitting ESC, weird texture/shader issues (there's a patch of ground I think that's meant to be reflective but ends up looking like a big 'ol glitchy area), some of the terrain is amazingly low poly/sharp, etc.

As I said, don't take it the wrong way, it's really quite good but it really needs: 1) some structure, a clear indication of what's going on and what the player is supposed to do and 2) lower FOV so we can see wtf is going on and 3) reduce the visual seizure inducing onslaught - I love me some bang bang, but that's like a fireworks display with low FOV; not good. All that being said, it's an alpha, you're just one man, and given all of that = very, very cool! Congrats on actually putting something out there, that's more than most of us have done

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Amazing job with 1 person, keep on GridlockShock

Leave a comment:

Working...
X