Small SciFi project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Small SciFi project

Okay, been messing around with UDK and testing various concepts for a while, but now I'm gonna try and sit down and build a level...

It's gonna use Level Streaming to make a seamless journey a la Half Life, but probably alot worse.

Anyway please give whatever critique you can, the background is that you have woken up in a cryo tube on an unknown planet at an unknown time, and the AI that runs the facility will help you survive:

Here's the screenshots, still gotta get Lightmass to the right settings, everything's so washed out:

A small hallway area:

A view outside from the window:

...And a small service tunnel:

Looks nice, but the lighting is a little weird in the third pic.

Comment

This story is starting to sound ALOT like Portal.

Comment

A LOT is two words.

Comment

I like the second pic.

Comment

Looks nice, but the lighting is a little weird in the third pic.
            Yeh, still gotta sort it out. I can't get Lightmass to stop desaturating the **** out of my lighting, those lights are mean to be red... :S

I like the second pic.
            Thanks, hopefully the rest of the level will be better...

True. But it is an awesome game, and it's not like I'll ever go commercial with this...

If it helps, it won't have an ASHPD, but it will have actual combat. But yes, there's a robot that helps you...

Comment

Originally posted by Baracuda771 View Post
              An AI run facility isn't really that uncommon in Sci-Fi...

Anyway, looks nice so far. The models in the level do look a slight bit "outdated" though, but some more detail in the textures should fix that.

Comment

I can see where some of the edges are a bit too sharp or the UV's need to be set better, but all in all it's not too bad.

Comment

Yeh, I can't model for ****, and have no money to get someone else to do it... :S

I'm using cheap models 'til I get a bit of cash together, then I'm gonna raid the Dexsoft site...

Yeh, Idk about how to get smoother graduation of light on this...

Comment

Originally posted by Daarzakk View Post
                    An AI run facility isn't really that uncommon in Sci-Fi...

Anyway, looks nice so far. The models in the level do look a slight bit "outdated" though, but some more detail in the textures should fix that.
                    In fact, there was an episode of MacGyver (in the early '90s) wherein the hero had to thwart an AI gone mad in a secret government facility. Its not as though Portal was the first to introduce this idea, it just took a different spin on things.

Comment

nice work man thats pretty good so far

Comment

Working...
                      X