Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

Z Cat. Entertainment - The Lost Coast - WIP [Update 4]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Z Cat. Entertainment - The Lost Coast - WIP [Update 4]

About the project

The Lost Coast is an action/adventure game that is currently in development by Z Cat. Entertainment. The story takes place on a remote island in the Pacific Ocean and is based on adventure movies from the ‘60s.

Get involved?

Please take a look at our recruiting thread.
    http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=726031

Screenshots

The thread will be updated on a weekly base.

Feedback and criticism is always welcome.

Best regards,
    Z Cat. Entertainment

It's a good start, although the shadows are really dark, almost like there isn't any bounced lighting. Also, it might have been better to go for a name other than "Lost Coast", mainly so when people are looking for your project they don't get bombarded with results pointing to Half Life 2's Lost Coast.

Comment

Thanks for the positive reply.

I'm working on the lights, but I don't really know how to set bounced light with dynamic lights.
      I know about Half Life's Lost Coast, but our game is named "The Lost Coast" (I know it's a little difference.) and we were thinking about adding a subtitle to let it stand out more.

Best regards,
      Z Cat. Entertainment

Comment

i'll have to agree with pirhanni on the shadows,they are way to dark,plus add some post process effects to bring out the enviornment,the lighting especially on the trees looks like you have it on unlit,good luck mr. smith.

Comment

You need to set your environment colour. Go to world properties/lightmass and there environment colour. If you're looking for realistic looking lighting, this colour should be about the same as your sky. In your case I'd use a mildly blueish colour, not too blue because otherwise your shadows will look too blue.

Comment

Update 1

As promised this is our first weekly update. We've changed a lot of things,
            like the new lighting, a bridge and a river, some new textures and some
            small changes. We hope you like it, and we will be back with a new update next week.

Best regards,
            Z Cat. Entertainment

Comment

Your bridge is all bsp?

Comment

No, the bridge is just a static mesh without a texture applied to it.

Comment

That's weird, when I'm not applying texture to my mesh it appears all white ;P Other than that, cool textures.

Comment

Update 2

This is our second weekly update. This post contains only one screenshot, because we have done a lot of code work the past weeks.
                    We have integrated a full 3rd person camera system and implemented our own main character.

Our new modeler has proved himself by making this beautiful Beretta M9.
                    We hope you like it, and we will be back with a new update next week.

Best regards,
                    Z Cat. Entertainment

Comment

During what timeline will this game take place? During the 60's? Or is it just based on 60's adventures? Cus the M9 has only been in use since 1990.

Other than that it looks really good.

Comment

The game will take place in the present, but it will have some influences of the 60's.
                        Like some older guns, equipment,...

But it is mainly based on 60's adventures.

Best regards,
                        Z Cat. Entertainment

Comment

Okay. Seems great!

Comment

Update 3

This is our third weekly update. It is a ZBrush render of our main character.
                            It's our first ZBrush model, so be gentle with the critics.
                            We thank you for your interest in the project.

Best regards,
                            Z Cat. Entertainment

The next update will be within three weeks.

Comment

Well for ya First ZB model your doing well.The ears need work,Pull the lobes down a bit.tweak shape of outer ear.So far hes coming along...good job

Comment

Working...
                              X