UDK Dev diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UDK Dev diary

so we finally got somewhat of a studio together...its not much but its a start..
    this video just shows us basically "somewhat" working on random tasks (importing models, rigging for animation and a VERY small amount of scripting)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LL0PfoIhGdA

*sorry if this is not supposed to go in the 'works in progress' section of the forums.

I think it’s a fun idea and it can be interesting to see your workflow and how it turns out in the end. I'll tune in for sure. Care to talk a little more about your ideas for your game in the next video and how you’re tackling all of the areas of your game? Are you doing weekly video updates or only when you have something to show?

Comment

glad to know that someone is interested
      and our project (which was Wall Bumper 2.0) was destroyed due to technical issues with the main HDD that it was saved on..we all debated that reconstructing it would be a waste of our time so we began on our quest to get somewhat of a "game studio" going to get a feel of how we work together in the same environment. && since you asked, we will be updating our dev diaries every week so be on the look out for each segment
      Also, don't be confused, we have absolutely NO idea what we are doing in some areas of the udk so we're kinda still on a learning track. I guess that just adds to the "spice" of our video(s)

Comment

lol great vid ...

Comment

(Update)
          just added part 2

Comment

Studio, cmon admit it ... it's some ones bedroom lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghiest View Post
              Studio, cmon admit it ... it's some ones bedroom lol.
              haha XD yeah but its all we got so we make the best of it

Comment

Bedroom or not, they are both at 1 same location which is one HUGE addition to the overall teamwork process.

Would so love if the guys (5 of us) in my team would be in one place :P Even if it's a bedroom...

Comment

Originally posted by TheTripX View Post
                  Bedroom or not, they are both at 1 same location which is one HUGE addition to the overall teamwork process.

Would so love if the guys (5 of us) in my team would be in one place :P Even if it's a bedroom...
                  **** true.
                  The fact that these guys can work in the very same room is a huge plus.

Comment

thank you for all your input/views guys it REALLY means alot to us

Comment

Here are screenshots of logan's m4a1 fully textured and in-game. at the moment it only has the firing animation but extends into a class of its own instead of using the ShockRifle class as i stated in the video:

Picture 1

Picture 2

Comment

Looks great. A bit too big perhaps? :] But I guess it's still under tweaking.

Comment

True bedroom developers

Comment

Originally posted by DuckSauce View Post
                            True bedroom developers
                            hehe thanks

Comment

niiiiice texturing Logan ahaha
                              man i wish i had a texture artist/UV unwrapper. im so **** poor lol

nice work u guys. keep the updates coming. looks big

Comment

Working...
                              X