Terrain Material Test WIP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think all that can be said is summed up in this image:

[shot]http://img545.imageshack.us/img545/3517/vlcsnap2010010403h20m58.png[/shot]

Comment

First off, tremendous thanks for sharing your work. It's a nice learning experience.

The Diffuse Fresnel box isn't shown in any of the closeup images. Do you mind saying what's in there? I've mapped out all of the nodes besides those. It's a little hard to see some of the connections but I think I've gotten them right.

Comment

Amazing work. The lighting is perfect. I think too often you see a lot of "dark sunshine" in levels but you really hit the nail on the head.

Comment

Thanks guy and you're welcome.

@TheDopeFish: I have been busy making Hollywood movies instead, but I still do a lot of game dev stuff in the little spare time that I have.

@Veshch: Thats Just a (Multiplyer) and a (Clamp low=1 high=2), since it gets multiplied with the diffuse texture the lowest value needs to be 1 so it doesn't drop to black, hence the lower clamp of 1.

Comment

Originally posted by whammes View Post
            @TheDopeFish: I have been busy making Hollywood movies instead, but I still do a lot of game dev stuff in the little spare time that I have.
            Yeah, they tend to pay a bit more than the game industry

I'm glad that you atleast do some game development in your spare time. It's a pity whenever talented people is "wasted" in other industries than game dev

Comment

Originally posted by whammes View Post
              @Veshch: Thats Just a (Multiplyer) and a (Clamp low=1 high=2), since it gets multiplied with the diffuse texture the lowest value needs to be 1 so it doesn't drop to black, hence the lower clamp of 1.
              It looks like it's [Constant Clamp: min 1, max 2]<-[Multiply]<-([Fresnel] + [???])
              It looks like the ??? is a constant but I don't know what you'd have it at, as well as the exponent for the fresnel.

Comment

Whats your shader complexity look like?

Comment

Just replying to follow the thread. Great work s'far, everything looks great. love the addition to the trees.

Thank you for posting your Chromatic Aberration post process btw.

Comment

Wow, this is so beautiful! Thanks for posting this.
                    I tried it with some of my own textures and painted the mask myself, but the result isn't nearly as good as yours...
                    I know you must be very busy atm, but if you could find the time, could you (maybe, if you'd be so kind) share the textures you used?
                    If you don't want to, it's okay though
                    Thanks and keep up the good work!

Comment

Working...
                    X