X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks great, keep it up

Comment

Hey Jamie,

Looking pretty good! Much better than the old knight model, not bad for a first at zbrush!

-Buddikaman

Comment

Originally posted by JamieG View Post
        Woo hoo! That did the trick, I had flipped one too many channels . Thanks for the tip!
        Cool, glad it helped.

Comment

Originally posted by Buddikaman View Post
          Looking pretty good! Much better than the old knight model, not bad for a first at zbrush!
          Thanks Scott, it's about time I redid that model... the old knight is over 5 years old

Comment

On a side note, is there a way to set hard edges on a model in ZBrush? So it doesn't sculpt specific areas which you mark out.

Comment

Originally posted by TheOneandOnly View Post
              On a side note, is there a way to set hard edges on a model in ZBrush? So it doesn't sculpt specific areas which you mark out.
              You can mask out polygons that don't sculpt. Most of my hard edges were set up ahead of time though in max using smoothing groups.

Comment

Originally posted by TheOneandOnly View Post
                You can mask an area of the model by holding down CTRL and brushing on the model. Masks prevent the area from being affected by brush strokes, deformations, transposing, etc... After you have a mask, go to [Tool > Masking] for more options. Useful info: Hold CTRL and click on the background to invert the mask. Hold CTRL and click on the model to blur the mask. Hold CTRL+ALT and click on the model to sharpen the mask.

Masking can be used to create hard edges, as well. Alternatively, check out the polish brushes (sPolish, mPolish, hPolish) for building up hard edges, defining them better, smoothing around them without breaking the hard edge, etc...

Comment

you do wayyy better than i do,i have zbrush and all i can do is **** everything up.

Comment

Originally posted by toxicpanther View Post
                    you do wayyy better than i do,i have zbrush and all i can do is **** everything up.
                    lol, well I do that too, I just don't post those pics

Comment

Working...
                    X