My First Zbrush Model

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My First Zbrush Model

Hi all. I'm just beginning to learn zbrush so I thought I'd chronicle the experience here . So far I have my base mesh imported into Z (made in max) with proper smoothing groups, subtools, and 5 divisions. Here's a peek (ignore the white boots ):

I would love some crits and advice for the zbrush workflow, the whole interface is quite foreign compared to what I'm used to.

very nice, though I wouldnt really use zbrush for mesh modeling, unless its like part of cinematics, or somethin' like that... But other than that, its a nice try, especially since its like your FIRST try. LOl, I have zbrush on my computer, and I dont even know what im doing!

Comment

Originally posted by nvisiongameco View Post
      very nice, though I wouldnt really use zbrush for mesh modeling, unless its like part of cinematics, or somethin' like that... But other than that, its a nice try, especially since its like your FIRST try. LOl, I have zbrush on my computer, and I dont even know what im doing!
      Thanks, I'm not really using zbrush for mesh modeling, just detail sculpting and painting for normal, diffuse maps

Comment

I think it was done pretty much in Max. I think u should add more details in ZB such as detail on the armor or the shoe.

However, i wish i could do a great work as you, im a ZB newbie too.

Keep going!!! Waiting for your in game model

Comment

So many different workflows in zbrush...
          Your off too a great start..Dont start poly painting till your highres model is complete..When your happy with it then paint it up..

Comment

Here's an update:

Comment

Great work, Jamie.

Comment

NOw that is what i expected !!! Awesome !!!

Comment

Thanks for the kind words! Here is Day Two:

I have to admit, now that I've played with it a little bit, zbrush is pretty sweet!

Comment

Pretty awesome there! the first shots remind me of the Paragon in GW:Nightfall

Comment

yea Zbrush is awsome..Good too see your getting the hang of it..

Comment

Here's an in-game update with some basic coloring:

I am having some weird stuff going on with the normal map however... parts of it seem to be inverted (just parts, not the entire thing... which seems really odd to me). For example, the scales around the waist appear to be concave rather than convex.

Comment

How did you create the normal map? You might need to invert the green channel on it in photoshop.

Comment

Zbrush and Max have render to texture options that can generate displacement maps and things.

When you export as .obj (which I assume you did since you used Zbrush), if you don't have the settings right it'll have a bunch of them flipped.

Comment

Originally posted by nightFlarer View Post
                              How did you create the normal map? You might need to invert the green channel on it in photoshop.
                              Originally posted by UnspoiledWalnut View Post
                              Zbrush and Max have render to texture options that can generate displacement maps and things.

When you export as .obj (which I assume you did since you used Zbrush), if you don't have the settings right it'll have a bunch of them flipped.
                              I generated the normal map directly in zbrush. I tried inverting both the red & green channel which partially worked. I'll try just the green this time...
                              Woo hoo! That did the trick, I had flipped one too many channels . Thanks for the tip!

Comment

Working...
                              X