US History

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

US History

This is a personal project that I've been planning for a while, but never really started making it. But now I'm waiting for the rest of the team to finish up with their stuff, which won't be until summer probably, so I figure I can spearhead this. I wanted to use the UDK for something and since the other projects won't work with this, I'm going to use this one.

As the name implies, it's about US history. The style is going to be kind of like most WWII games, where between levels there's a little video that's generally the same as in every other WWII game that gives a little briefing about what's happening in the war, but this is instead about the major battles that the US took part in starting at the Revolutionary War, and ending with the current wars (Iraq and Afghanistan, unless we get into a new war). So I mean yeah, it's pretty self explanatory.

I haven't got a ton done yet, but I got a bunch of screenshots of a modern soldier and a few of the revolutionary war. These are all high poly so I can extract the normals, then I'll reduce them down to 10-20k.
    http://img401.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=redcoat1.jpg

Here's a few more characters. American soldiers for Revolutionary War and Vietnam, and a couple of Nazi's: http://img84.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=vietnam2.jpg

Nice work. This can be interesting

Comment

Thanks! I have a few more models done, just need to remember where they all are.

Right now I have to work on trimming it down. I have a little bit over 100 battles to use as levels listed, which I don't know if I want to do that much or not. For the most part they're short, ten or fifteen minutes for each one is planned, with maybe a minute or so between them in documentary stuff to recap what's happening everywhere else.

Comment

Looking good.Nice idea..Thats lots of characters

Comment

Yup. I figure, that given the timeline, I can get away with using the same models a few times. Not a lot changed in terms of uniforms between most major wars so it shouldn't be too much for characters, especially since I have quite a few different little attachments to mix it up a bit so that it's not the exact same model running around. The world scape, on the other hand, is going to take a while.

Comment

Working...
          X