X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Archasis UDK

Hello! Here are some gameplay teasers of Archasis UDK:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0P6HPdzSHlE
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qez_vi5Mg_U (added 2/26/2010)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDSObNbU1P0 (added 3/17/2010)

For more information about this project, visit this thread:

http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=718444

Looking good so far, I like it!

Comment

OMG
      Really good work!

Comment

it's off to a very nice start

Comment

OMG! Thats all I can say. Well also Nice Work and Keep it Up Looking forward to seeing more.

Comment

Awesome job, kindda crappy sword animations though (no offense) :S.

Comment

The menu's are excellent. It's a really good start.

Comment

What bothered me in UT3 Archasis was that the sword animation as mentioned is kinda "off" and its a bit slow, increase the animation speed and perhaps change the animation altogheter, one thing more, you might wanna try a trail effect on the sword/weapons to get a little "ompfh" hehe.

Comment

Nice work.

Comment

Nice work so far. Very much like the gothic games. Which is awsome.
                    The animations need more work though.. Seem a little stiff.
                    But GJ

Comment

Thanks for all the great comments so far The whole sword animation issue is not without merit, I'm personally not satisfied with them either. They were technically supposed to be place-holders, although the time constraint of the MSUC pushed them down on my list of priorities. Now that the contest is over, I can give melee combat in general the attention it deserves . Hopefully information on the Trail Data / Ribbon Data modules will make an appearance at the UDN soon, I looked into AnimTrails but they won't really work with my current setup. As far as the animation speed goes, it's a little harder to gauge because the Knight has a skill that increases his attack speed. If the animations start off fast in the first place, a high level skill in swordsmanship would look more like a ninja on amphetamines...

Comment

I personally didn't care much about the speed, i mean, it is a little slow, but what bothered me was the "stiffness", i don't know much about medieval weapons and fighting, but i think it should have at least a little waist movement and a steadier stance.

Still, the game is looking really good, how's the game dynamic in general? you start on the menu, you purchase there everything you need and you equip your characters (plural?), and then you play quests following a campaign?

Comment

Originally posted by chess
                          ... i don't know much about medieval weapons and fighting, but i think it should have at least a little waist movement and a steadier stance.
                          Yeah, that makes sense, right now the sword swings are top-half only so the player has freedom of movement, although that is left over from when Archasis was PvP only and may be less important now.

Originally posted by chess
                          Still, the game is looking really good, how's the game dynamic in general? you start on the menu, you purchase there everything you need and you equip your characters (plural?), and then you play quests following a campaign?
                          Yeah, pretty much. You have multiple characters (one for each class), but can only use one at a time in the missions. After each quest/mission the player returns to the menu, where all their mission spoils (gold, experience, research points, any special bonuses) are tabulated and the player can re-equip/purchase/research/assign skill & attribute points before embarking on another mission.

Comment

Here is an additional clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qez_vi5Mg_U

This one demonstrates a few more skills including the hunter's zoom ability, the knight's somersault, and some elementalist action with fireballs, eruptions, and chain lightning. Also, the freezing arrow now has an "explosion" effect.

Comment

Wow your results are stunning and it looks fun already.

Comment

Working...
                              X