Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

My simple UDK project (Updated ASAP)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My simple UDK project (Updated ASAP)

157 View in 24 hours!!! Thanks everyone
    Sorry couldn't include the video you will have to use the link

This is some really basic footage of a simple game I’m building with UDK. There’s a lot of work to be done. I need to finish the level design (actually you are not seen any level design in the level, just a BSP brush, but there WILL be design) and the config screen needs to be implemented.

http://vimeo.com/9690473

I started creating a simple UDK based game called PlanetShift (I know the name sucks xD), the game is a simple Third Person Shooter, where you simply have to get to the end of the level. The concept is quite simple and is not intended to be a fully featured game, but it’s more a personal “put it all together” learning experience.

Read the story at my my blog or at the Vimeo Page

It would be cool to see any concept sketches or models you have.

Comment

looks awesome!
      the third person cam can be a bit lower though :P

Comment

Yeh the Camera needs to be lower i think...

Comment

great work !!! i love the 3rd view and your character. Did u use max to rig your character? Now i dont know how to replace the default robot in UDK and add my character. What things i have to do to add my own character in?

Comment

Thats a UDK supplied model

Comment

First of all, thanks for your feedback, ill take the camera down a little when I arrive home. The next video will have a better camera, basic level layout more matinee and some crounds xD. Your ideas are always welcome

Originally posted by LeECO View Post
              great work !!! i love the 3rd view and your character. Did u use max to rig your character? Now i dont know how to replace the default robot in UDK and add my character. What things i have to do to add my own character in?
              About the model is one of the two default characters in UDK (I like this one more than the human, plus the robots are gonna be the enemies) when I arrive home I'll send you a pm with the code to replace the default robot in UTPawn (you are using it right?)

Comment

Originally posted by Forgetful View Post
                It would be cool to see any concept sketches or models you have.
                Sorry, i'm a programmer so my sketches sucks xD

Comment

Originally posted by fladur View Post
                  Sorry couldn't include the video you will have to use the link

This is some really basic footage of a simple game I’m building with UDK. There’s a lot of work to be done. I need to finish the level design (actually you are not seen any level design in the level, just a BSP brush, but there WILL be design) and the config screen needs to be implemented.

http://vimeo.com/9690473

I started creating a simple UDK based game called PlanetShift (I know the name sucks xD), the game is a simple Third Person Shooter, where you simply have to get to the end of the level. The concept is quite simple and is not intended to be a fully featured game, but it’s more a personal “put it all together” learning experience.

Read the story at my my blog or at the Vimeo Page
                  how u made the custom UI,and animatic UIScene?
                  maybe u can share here,,

Comment

Originally posted by riowahab View Post
                    how u made the custom UI,and animatic UIScene?
                    maybe u can share here,,
                    Writing a tutorial about it as make this post =P

Comment

NICE!

I'm waiting. Thanks a lot.

Comment

I'm still waiting for the tutorial

Comment

Ever figure anything out, riowahab, or just beg people to show you how to do it?

Comment

Originally posted by Blade[UG] View Post
                            Ever figure anything out, riowahab, or just beg people to show you how to do it?
                            I'm not asking to you Blade[UG], anything bother you?

I'm not a programmer, so is that wrong if I asking for help here?

Comment

Although Blade might be harsh with what he said I totally agree with him. You can learn a lot by trying yourself, sitting here asking people for tutorials instead of experimenting yourself is extremely counter-productive. Considering what you've managed to create in the WIP thread I bet you'd be able to figure this out.

Comment

Working...
                              X