UIMiracle - a small UIEngine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Solid Snake View Post
    Uhm, you misunderstand. Since I've been doing a lot of GUI programming in the past, I can verify how **** annoying it is to design an entire GUI within code itself.
    hahahahahahahahaha annoying but PAYFULL !

Comment

Originally posted by UT2007 View Post
      but still for someone use to work with winform or wft this is ridiculous. Yea people can bear with it but if you intend to create a UI tool th eobvious thing to do is wyswyg editor.

Nobody said it was impossible but I would be better to speed up the process. that's what editor are for, to free the gamedev to write a lot of code just to create a simple task.

Comment

That doesn't even make any sense? But payfull? What the hell is payfull?

If you meant powerful , then I strongly disagree. It's really frustrating having to reboot the Unreal Engine everytime you want to make a change. In UWindow2 I had a hell of a time dealing with topics like resolution and relative based coordinate systems, aspect ratio and input bubbling and popping. Those aren't particularly easy topics to deal with.

Tying up a programmer to create the UI is not helpful in any production pipeline. After all, most good teams have one or two programmers. If the communication between the UI designer and the programmer is even 48 hours late (certainly possible due to time zone differences or relative business of each person) then it can take ages before anything is accomplished. Perhaps even a week to finish up anything.

Then theres usability testing. You can't really quickly test anything because you have to recompile. Depending on how it's coded (UWindow2 wasn't coded all that well in relation to resource dependencies) it may take ages to recompile the source code and even then it's not a given that things would compile properly.

I've contemplated creating a WYSIWYG editor for UWindow2 once. But given the lack of file I/O from script it seems kind of annoying. While DLLBind can help with that .. it ain't the best way to do things.

But the crazy thing is, regardless of how hard UIScene can be to learn, it's often much quicker to figure that out than to write a custom UI + custom UI tool. (I learnt this the hard way too). But hey, each to his own. This project is still cool and I commend the effort.

Comment

Originally posted by Solid Snake View Post
          That doesn't even make any sense? But payfull? What the hell is payfull?

If you meant powerful , then I strongly disagree. It's really frustrating having to reboot the Unreal Engine everytime you want to make a change. In UWindow2 I had a hell of a time dealing with topics like resolution and relative based coordinate systems, aspect ratio and input bubbling and popping. Those aren't particularly easy topics to deal with.
          HEY dude...RELAAAAXXX i just mean u are completly RIGHT, is pain *** of the pain *** but at least the final result do the trick. thats all i wanted to say.....

By the way your past experience is very interesting consider you and me for creating UIMiracle at least it will suit real time strategy requirement......

Comment

Holy ****...I had a car accident and was in hospital for several weeks. Now I'm back and will continue working on UIM...sorry for that absence

and now back working ^^

Comment

Hope you're ok bud

Comment

Oh ?

Originally posted by BlackHornet80 View Post
                Holy ****...I had a car accident and was in hospital for several weeks. Now I'm back and will continue working on UIM...sorry for that absence

and now back working ^^
                OHHH ? LUCKY you still alive, thats the most important. And much thanks for the motivation of UIM, we appreciate really, as is crucial for our game type modding.

Warms regards and take care

Comment

Just a small notice:
                  http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=723850

Apply and you can get access to the sources and the BugTracker (if approved being a tester).

Comment

OHH TESTING PHASE ALREADY, YOU ROCK ! Thanks !

Originally posted by BlackHornet80 View Post
                    Just a small notice:
                    http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=723850

Apply and you can get access to the sources and the BugTracker (if approved being a tester).
                    I am your man ! I will test every night what u want me to test and give you result of many DEEP usage of UIMiracle for a real time strategy game mostly.

Comment

For interested peoples, you are free to use this library. But keep in mind it is NOT fitted to current UDK Version, adjusments has to be done by yourself. Maybe I'll do the port in the future, but actually this has low priority at the moment

UI Miracle - Version 0.01

Kind regards
                      BlackHornet80

If there are any interested people, using this and would like to have improvements or asking for some support, I'll will listen to you!

Comment

GREAT GREAT Thank you....

Comment

Working...
                        X