City Engine > UDK SCI-Fi environment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

City Engine > UDK SCI-Fi environment

As a milestone in developing an iterative pipeline between City Engine and UDK for my Unreal Oslo project I made a level using one of the amazing City Engin`s procedural example files, The Instance City.

The entire city model is based on a small number of premodeled buidings cleverly instanced using the powerfull CGI rulles.

Building assets provided by CASCADE ANIMATION

When exporting the model a Python script helped setting up T3D file that made importing and placement of an entire city with its tens of thousands of assets in UDK relatively fast.

More detailed description about the methods can be found here: http://www.procedural.com/cityengine...ance-city.html

and here:

http://www.procedural.com/industries...nt/unreal.html

An installer for this level can be downloaded here

Big thanks goes to Denny and Andreas.

Feedback and questions are apriciated

Very impressive.

Are you planning on using material instances to vary the color and look of the buildings?

Comment

NOW can you do Stavanger for me? .....please?

Comment

Wow, that's some impressive technology!

I started a similar procedural city project a few years back with a fellow student of mine, but had too much else going on to finish it

I'll definitely have to grab a trial and have a poke around

Comment

Thanks BluePlanetGames
          Material instances is a very flexible way to have variety I will most definately make use of them.

Jede-Phoenix.....I am in Oslo at the moment.... I do Oslo....perhaps someone in Stavanger can be inspired:=)

Do your city

Comment

yea city engines very good..Nice work matey.

Comment

Originally posted by lubitel View Post
              Jade-Phoenix.....I am in Oslo at the moment.... I do Oslo....perhaps someone in Stavanger can be inspired:=)

Do your city
              Only reason I asked was My father and grandfather are from there. I'm just a U.S. Viking with a Taste for Metal/techno and 3d Gaming goodness. Saw this and had to just at least see if it was req-able ? Good job so far though.

Comment

Oslo is just like any ol city. I just happen to live in it at the moment so I do it.

Next stop is..... ........Idonno.

Comment

Working...
                X