Street Scene

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Street Scene

Hello all, recently finished my first scene in UDK. Looking for some critique and feedback, I don't intend to take the scene further but the feedback will still be useful in improving myself on future work.

The scene I have made is based off this concept here which is art from the book Cannabis Works by Tatsuyuki Tanaka.

Thanks.

whoah it's amazing dude!

Lighting is excellent, textures are really nice (appart from the fans, they seem a bit low), detail is great! It's too bad there's a bit of aliasing but let's not forget it's a game engine ^^

keep it up ! =D

Comment

That's some **** good work, son! With a bit of post-processing, that could look like a photo.

Comment

Oh wow, thats REALLY impressive. Regardless that's just a showoff scene: Hows the Framerate? And on what system are those FPS rendered?

Comment

Great scene, great details

My opinion is to add more contrast via postprocess and Sun color (looks a little bit monochromatic)

I allowed myself to change a pic

greetings
          Nikola

Comment

That's a really nice render. Good work.

Comment

Fantastic work, man.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback so far

@Frozendozer: 60FPS (Q6600, 6GB Ram, 8800GTX)
                @Nikola: your probably right, the scene is lacking in contrast, maybe i will fix that in the future when i get my folio together. Thanks for the suggestion.

Comment

I'd suggest turning on AA and DX10 if your OS supports it.

Comment

I love this scene because it really shows off the capabilities of the unreal engines lighting engine which, while not being the most advanced in the world, is really powerful if used right.

one question; how well does you're scene stand up to close scrutiny? can you show us some close ups of the sidewalk and whatnot?

Comment

very nice textures. Mine always looks flat and without good expression.

Comment

We need more games that look like this. Sick work man!

Comment

Personally I quite like the starkness of the original render without the colour adjustment, but I suppose it depends on the effect you're trying to achieve.

Comment

Awesome work!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TheOneandOnly View Post
                              Personally I quite like the starkness of the original render without the colour adjustment, but I suppose it depends on the effect you're trying to achieve.
                              I second that it was more photorealistic.

Post process is not always the solution look at tod in crysis mod. Sometimes is too much color and contrast to mimic real life.

Comment

Working...
                              X