No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lo peeps
    I made a level based on the environment of the planet Pandora from the movie Avatar. It worked out pretty nice. You can watch the HD movie of it here:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gR-nEPkCPk

Wow it looks awesome

Comment

Thank you alvarofer :-)

Comment

yea u have been bizzy.good stuff matey.

Comment

While im going to sound like the boogieman, the idea is good, but..

It does not make avatar justice by far

The amount of lights, glowing/flouresent stuff, atmosphere, and more importantly in the avatar story, the amount of vegetation (trees/bushes/grass ect) and life (bugs/moskito's ect) would need to be alot higher.

I LOVE the movie, so i have to be honest about this, sorry

Comment

I have to agree with brexer, the map is great don't get me wrong, but from great to avatar there's a big distance xD.

Comment

I agree

I have seen the movie and I know exactly what you guys mean. But there is also things like "drop in framerate"
              I just have a 4 gb, with a geforce 7800gtx (256mb). And I needed to make the vid with fraps at 25 fps at fullscreen.
              I agree, there could be more bugs, fluorescent vegetation etcetc. But it is not a 100% remake of the movie it just uses some parts of the pandora environment. I rather like the game to be running without "hesitations", gameplay goes first.

Comment

Originally posted by pboost View Post
                I have seen the movie and I know exactly what you guys mean. But there is also things like "drop in framerate"
                I just have a 4 gb, with a geforce 7800gtx (256mb). And I needed to make the vid with fraps at 25 fps at fullscreen.
                I agree, there could be more bugs, fluorescent vegetation etcetc. But it is not a 100% remake of the movie it just uses some parts of the pandora environment. I rather like the game to be running without "hesitations", gameplay goes first.
                There are alot of trix you could do.

Like, glow maps on ground textures (use different textures here and there, you might need to make your own shader as well), using Speedtree for vegetation is a must, its fast to render if you do it right

Bugs ect "can" be 2D animated or maybe particle's, does not take up alot of speed like that.

And Unreal Engine 3 is a poly crouncher, so dont be affraid to use alot, but know where and what you use them for, spare where spared can be, but Pandora is all about visuals, if you dont atleast get close to that, noone is gonna belive they are actually there

I can of course see you put work into this, but, its far far from realistic enough to slap on a "Pandora" sign..

Comment

There are 19 speedtree actors in it, 3 decolayers, 2 made of staticmeshes and 1 made of speedtree actors. 3 Terrain layers and 2 particlesystems, you can see one at the end of the movie where the cicada flies to the waterfall, it are the seeds from the tree that look like jellyfish. The speedtree actors are all new ones and I made the shaders for them. 20 new materials, all with normals and some with bumpoffset, and emmisive channels, one new soundcue, one cinematic movie, and a bunch of kismet events and 18 new staticmeshes :-).
                  But the glow maps for the groundtexture sounds good, think i'll give it a go!

Comment

Working...
                  X