TO DO:
    - improve FPS
    - a lot of little things that make it a lot better

Let me know what you think.

Thanks,

Andrei

Heh. That's nice Something I'd want to play

Comment

How are you achieving this ? is it using PHYS_Spider at all ? or are you actually controlling the sphere ? in which case how will PvP work ?

Comment

Cool, like McTavish I'm interested to know how you did it, do you move the big sphere or the "player"? I have an idea for a game that will use the same base principle (movement around a sphere) so this is really interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by McTavish View Post
          How are you achieving this ? is it using PHYS_Spider at all ? or are you actually controlling the sphere ? in which case how will PvP work ?
          I made a Gravity Volume and set the Gravity to 0 and added my own gravity with an AddForce function that is pulling the small sphere towards the center of the big sphere/maze.
          For PvP, if it's not online, maybe split screen. I'm making this game to learn UDK and to see what I can do with it, this is why I'm starting with a pretty simple gamplay. I'll try to do a little of everything so multiplayer must be on this list

Comment

Originally posted by KoKoS View Post
            Cool, like McTavish I'm interested to know how you did it, do you move the big sphere or the "player"? I have an idea for a game that will use the same base principle (movement around a sphere) so this is really interesting.
            As I said above, I'm moving the player.
            I will add a skybox at some point to make this more intuitive.
            Moving the big sphere was plan B for this game. I wanted to make it as "real" as possible.

Comment

just: coool.

but what about some other balls, 4 or so, hunting the player

Comment

Originally posted by guineapig View Post
                just: coool.

but what about some other balls, 4 or so, hunting the player
                I considered PacMan as a gameplay idea but for now the main gameplay is the maze solving.

Comment

nice innovative gameplay! simple AND looks very addictive :-)

Comment

You could cut that ball into few sections and replace those invisible, behind sphere, so maze could be much bigger than sphere suggests. Something like flat maze from tillable pieces, just projected on sphere.

And this is cool idea of showing maze.

Comment

...and it would really be awesome if you can make the graphic stuff adjustable. Then I could play it on my laptop

Comment

kool..once this works maybe look at more complex shapes liek a donut, then like a helix.
                        Could get some really interesting things going on.

Could easily also convert to fisrt person to get some strang maze experience...like if inisde a donut and you look up you see a player upside down above you

Comment

Andrei, I like where this is going. The gameplay mechanics can be extrapolated far more.

Also, faină treabă.

Comment

Looks good I like the idea. Is the maze randomly created each time yet or are you just using a set shape at the moment?

Comment

Thanks you guys. I'm glad you like it.

Nawrot, thanks for the suggestion. I'm not sure I understed it right but that might be confusing. I will add mouse input that will rotate the camera around the maze so you can get an overview of the entire maze (I would like it to be consistent and not trick the player).
                              I will have more then one maze, each with different size/difficulty.

guineapig, what do you mean by that? In terms of size or memory? If Epic doesn't make the UDK games work on iPhone by the time I finish this game I plan to port it to Unity for the iPhone, so I'll make the GFX at a lower resolution.
                              I plan to port to Unity anyway because I want to test both engines.

LordsWarrior, I want to keep this simple because it is the first game I'd developing on my own and I don't want to over do it. There are a few more awesome things that I could do with this gameplay but they will have to wait for a future project.
                              I will use a matrix to generate the maze so everything that can be "unwrapped" on a rectangle will work ... donut, torus... you name it. Once the code is done it's all about location ... it's all the same to the maze generation algorithm.
                              Having a player walk on this maze won't work. At the moment it works because I'm writing my own stuff to control the sphere... I'm not sure I want to write the same thing for a character.

Rives, I have a lot of ideas but most of the won't fit with the style I'm going for. Depending on how this works out I might do another version of the game that takes it further.

zoltanjr, not yet. I'm using a maze that I made in 3dsmax. I'm almost done with my temp Title Screen and Main Menu (I finally figured out how UIScenes work) so next on my ToDo list is the creation of random mazes. The deadline for this is next week.

I will post a video with the new improvements soon.

Comment

Working...
                              X