1st Model - Zombie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1st Model - Zombie

Hey, got a WIP model of a zombie, made with Mudbox.
    Still have some work to do, I don't have a specular map for it, and the bump mapping is a little weak. That may just be the lighting, as I'm not familiar with 3ds Max's rendering setup. I'll have to import to UDK for an in-game shot to compare.
    Hopefully the imbedded image shows here- EDIT: nope, didn't work, this link should take you to the picasa album, sorry...
    http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo...eat=directlink

Suggestions and comments are welcome, as I'm still learning.

It looks good at a glance, but the image is pretty small (640px × 480px), and it's hard to see any real details. I'd prefer you made some higher res renders and some different angles. Maybe experiment with the lighting, too.

Here's the pic for anyone that's lazy

Comment

i like it

ps: could maybe use some specular/ highlights.

Comment

Yeah, I'm going back and adding specular, definitely. It didn't even cross my mind. I'm hoping that will help add detail, and I'm trying a few things to add detail, give the bumpmapping more oomph.
        Also going to add some details like veins and tendons, as well as eyes.
        Just need to figure out the hurdles, then I can do one of these a day, if Star Trek Online doesn't take over my life...

Comment

Get it into UDK first, and then show us how it looks like.

Comment

Originally posted by Eraserhead2416 View Post
            Yeah, I'm going back and adding specular, definitely. It didn't even cross my mind. I'm hoping that will help add detail, and I'm trying a few things to add detail, give the bumpmapping more oomph.
            Also going to add some details like veins and tendons, as well as eyes.
            Just need to figure out the hurdles, then I can do one of these a day, if Star Trek Online doesn't take over my life...
            lmao.. yes focus is sometimes hard with all sorts of entertainment, hobbies and distractions..
            still your in the right direction i would say, so i hope it motivates you enough to continue your already cool looking model.

Comment

Working...
            X