No announcement yet.

Yet Untitled Platforming Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Textures and lighting looks veeery nice. And yep, why wont you try addin some leaves meshes? Maybe make some jungles?
    Dani8, ghm... Can you tell me how to use your backup files?I'm new to UDK...

Comment

Well the thing you should be most interested in are the .uc files in the Development/src/Platformer folder as they contain the actual code. The only thing I changed in the other folder is the UTInput.ini - that's for key assignment.
      As for how to use it, I suggest you go here:
      http://udn.epicgames.com/Three/Devel...ogramming.html

and when you're finished, go here:
      http://udn.epicgames.com/Three/UDKProgrammingHome.html

These will teach you the basics of UnrealScript. If you don't know those, you're gonna have a hard time understanding my code. If you knew any other programming language before, it should be fairly easy to learn UScript (it was for me :P), if you don't, no worries, just take your time and make sure you read everything

Comment

Originally posted by Dandi8 View Post
        as there is no proper documentation for it (I don't consider UDK.com documentation-ish enough) but thanks to the great help by Blaguuu I was able to solve many of them and here I am now.
        erm http://wiki.beyondunreal.com/
        The site you'll need.

Comment

The wiki did help me a lot, that I must admit, but I've found it lacking in many aspects
          If only there were some people willing to update it, it would've been a great resource for newcomers like me.
          Still, it does have a lot of useful information.

Comment

Thanks Dandi8,

And the game is looking better and better.

Comment

I thought it was great :P, however enemies would be cool.

Comment

Enemies would certainly be awesome if I only knew how to code them in XD I've got a few rip-off ideas but I've no idea how to code them. I think my next coding exercise will be to try and add a pickup. Then I'll either work on it some more or look for some experienced coder to help me realise my vision (I consider myself more of a 3D artist than a programmer).

Before that, however, expect some props and new textures

Comment

Dude real good job so far...

I wouldn't worry too much about the look of the game for now..when you're done with heavy coding and the textures, meshes and little details come together its gonna look great..

Comment

I like it.. i know its about the gameplay and stuff at this stage.. but since you asked about the textures, you need more variation, break them up a little with some trims etc.. and im missing some foreground elements

other than that.. really great!

Comment

Heh, well, so far I've modelled one prop for the game and it was more of a test than anything else so yeah, early stages
                      I experimented a bit with background elements though (actually, I just detailed the background brushes), which I'll hopefully show soon
                      I'm actually a bit stuck trying to bake seamless normal maps which apparently is impossible as XSI refuses to cooperate with every step.

Comment

okay lets say, for fun, i wanna add a scorpion to USE, middle level. ive made this and it fits really well ingame. but still when i enter the vehicle the cameras return to default UT. which script would fix this? and how?
                        it would be nice to have some basic vehicle fun during some stage of the level....i remembered little big planet...

Comment

You'd have to override the vehicle cam the same way you override the player cam, I suppose.

Since quite a few people asked me how I did this and that, I decided to post the most recent source code of my platformer, which has now been put on hold:
                          http://uploading.com/files/2dfcccm9/PlatformGame.rar

Hopefully it'll help someone

EDIT:
                          Btw. I just installed Win7 x64 and the newest UDK. Anyone have any idea why it crashes my gfx driver at startup and then freezes my whole PC at a random point in time? I have a GTX295.

Comment

Thanks! I'll download it

Comment

nice!!
                              will try right away!

Comment

Thanks a lot!!!

Will be a great help.

About the Win7 prob, are you sure you got the right gfx drivers?

Comment

Working...
                                X