No announcement yet.

Extreme Logging

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ax Men is pretty awesome. My favorite is Ice Road Truc... oh my god you have found a way to combine the two possibly greatest shows ever made into one video game! You, sir, are a god! Like Vivec or something!

EDIT: it would have been a lot better if I was actually saying it to you because the sheer excitement overtook my voice and I was talking with an extreme level of hand gesturing.

Comment

LOl Thats funny.Yea i guess so.Im getting alot more support form here than my other forum truckpol they dnt say **** but i dont think you can do it and stuff i have like 3 people supporting me over there.thanks guys....Much more to come.

Comment

Right on.

I got the same kind of thing when I was using the C4 engine for Empire City. I kind of laid out the idea of it, and asked a couple of questions, pretty much the same ones as I did here, asking about parallax and bump maps and a couple of questions about scripting to get me started, and a couple of people helped me and gave me some links to tutorials, but most of them were like "You have no programing experience, you're stupid, you need to learn C++ before you even think about that, you need a team of a lot of people to do everything and it'll take you years to develop and years to learn C++ and you're a noob and I hate you," and it was like WTF guys, I'm well aware it's going to take a long time, not like I said it's going to be released in a week and I'm making an MMO to compete with WoW or something. I mean, I get that I'm still learning, but don't you think that just MAYBE if you gave me a hand with what I was asking (which was mostly for some input on the concept and a tutorial for bump maps) everything would go a lot faster for me?

Oh, the machinery like the backhoe and bulldozer, are those going to be static or NPC kinds of things or does the player end up operating them?

Comment

these days its hard to be innovative when thinking of a new kind of game (eg. earth is attacked by merciless aliens). and even then, half the time new ideas are ****. But you've thought up something thats new and looks like it could make a good game, which is pretty hard to do.

Unfortunately i'm a complete noob so I can't really help that much but I hope your project goes well

Comment

Yeah, now everything is focused on gameplay more than the story. Despite that though, even the same repetitive idea can make a really good plot. This is, though, totally different. This is... epic, even if when it comes out and it is absolutely no fun whatsoever, you will still hold claim to being the one who combined Ax Men and Ice Road Truckers into one epic attempt at the very least.

Comment

my two cents.. throw in a tree cutting chainsaw and make it about chopping trees, loading them on the truck and transporting them to the mill.. then you got yourself a multiplayer competition with action (maybe you can attack other players and disable them for few moments.. ) of cutting trees and truck-road-racing-kind-a-thingy..
              i know your going for more of a laid back just-load-the-trees-and-get-them-somewhere-kind-a-thingie.. but that way would be more fun and would keep people playing..
              like i said, just my opinion..

Comment

Yea im thinking about adding that stuff.It will be advanced coding but ill figure it out...Maybe.But thanks for the support guys keep the questions and all that coming.I appreciate it im getting downed big time on another forum truckpol cause theres a bunch of emajor people that think they can dis me for asking for help.I mean i ask for help and there like why do you always ask for help.I mean for right now im a 1 man show.LOL.So im looking for help if you wanna help.I promise this game is epic and you can tell from the comments that have over taken 3 pages in just 1 day.

Comment

Well it appears to me that they CAN dis you.

How come no one posts on my game?

Comment

Originally posted by UnspoiledWalnut View Post
                    What you mean?

Comment

It's very simple. Watch:

I hate you. You can't do this.

Now you try! It gets you far in life, look at the ads Obama ran to get elected!

Comment

It's very simple. Watch:

I hate you. You can't do this.

Now you try! It gets you far in life, look at the ads Obama ran to get elected!
                        well basically no one post about your empire thing was mainly because the quality looked like it was done on sketchup or something not EYE POPPING or half way cool at all to me.

Comment

How come no one posts on my game?
                          No one posts on your game because you posted a wall of text that no one cares to read. Real classy coming in to someone else' thread to complain about how you aren't getting any attention. You should change you user name to "SpoiledWalnut".

Xtreme Games, your idea sounds awesome. Very original, but if you are going to call it extreme logging I think you need to make it completely extreme. Like, you cut down the trees with a RPC (rocket propelled chainsaw), or you have a shark that bites them down or something.

Comment

Well fritzmonkey i wont do that lol.But i will make it extreme.I want this game very accurate and fun it would be an epic fail if i made a shark to cut down a tree.LOL.But cool idea.

Comment

Yup thanks

Comment

Wow, looks like you got yourself a really great idea running for ya.
                                My Dad drives truck in the oil field, and I have always been looking for a great game that gives that same feeling of being behind the wheel of a good ol' rig.
                                Ill be keeping an eye on this one for sure.

Also, I love you models, they are very well done.
                                though your cutter there could use another pin in the middle joint, other then that, lookin good.

Comment

Working...
                                X