No announcement yet.

Planet shader

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

right thanks! the shader isnt that complex if you can make a game you can make the shader or you can wait!

Comment

love ya hardsurface model matey ya wipped that up pretty quickly well done..Nice texture style aswell.
      Any tutorial is a good tutorial..I dont use maya or max but a tut would be interesting.

Comment

Wow, thats some pretty awesome stuff. Even though it looks nothing like it the ship reminds of Serenity from Firefly for some reason

Comment

The ship is - if I may say this on these forums "kick-***"

Comment

Cheers guys, a few have pointed out the fact that the wires stand out a bit too much so i have two different wings now and the top ones are plain.

Comment

one thing about the ship that kinda bugs me is its really loaded with squares and rectangles, i'd try and get some more interesting shapes,

Comment

I do understand what you mean about the shapes.. but my thinking behind it was thats the "aesthetic" this race has. Im going to do a few races, and do a few different looks to them... unless it just looks "out of place or wrong".... hmm

Jody

Comment

How does this grab you... better?

Comment

I really like it a lot, but if I had to make a crit:

I like 3 out of 4 perspectives, but the front angle perspective (the bottom right) looks kinda bleh to me. I think the reason is it looks kinda uniform/chubby from that perspective. Personally, I would taper from back to front (front slightly more narrow) and bottom to top (top more narrow). Pinch in the front and the top a bit and it might break up that sorta boring silhouette. Just my 2 cents, otherwise I love it.

danimal

Comment

Ok iv put the shader up for download check...

http://forums.epicgames.com/showthre...6#post27044576

For details.

Thanks
                      Jody

Comment

Oh yeah helps me alot

Comment

No worries dude!

Comment

Thanks for the shader very nice indeed .

Comment

No probs! check the site soon for the model tutorial i have done 5 videos creating a basic model in max, creating the high poly for the normal map, texturing it and then taking it into unreal. Ill get those online as soon as iv added the voice over...

Also if you guys could share any cool planets you make that would be ace, just post pics in here! cheers

Jody

Comment

Ok the videos are up.. done in one evening o_O go take a look on my site if your interested.

Jody

Comment

Working...
                                X