Planet shader

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Yeh sure fire it to my email adress ill have a look, but to be honest for the game i was creating the soft slightly shadowed edge to the terain was what i was looking for. But looks good man i like it!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    With about five minutes of tweaking the shader I was able to make a very cool looking land/ocean borders. PM me and I'll send you the file, Gokzor.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Wow, love the ship.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    small update

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Dont wanna start a new thread and this is all for the same project anyhow...

More spaceship/robot work

Jody

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by gokzor View Post
    Its tough finding some time to do the voice overs but ill try and do some over the hollidays for you! cheers mate.
    Oh sure, we're all taking it easy over the break, was just curious if we could get some more voice overs. Otherwise you can't really read the text so it's like watchin some guy work which is cool but ...

Right now I'm cheating and just doing a quick paint up in Zbrush with poly painting, but you're doing the more traditional work-flow along with some nice little tricks and tips that'd it'd be fun to follow. Whenever you get the chance, it's all good if its not until the new year. Cheers

danimal

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Its tough finding some time to do the voice overs but ill try and do some over the hollidays for you! cheers mate.

jody

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Awesome tuts, any chance you're going to make the other ones with voice overs as well? I'm particularly intersted in the texturing parts since that's what I'm newest to and following exactly what's going on in photoshop can be a little tough. Appreciated regardless, very nice!

danimal

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Ok the videos are up.. done in one evening o_O go take a look on my site if your interested.

Jody

Leave a comment:

• replied
    No probs! check the site soon for the model tutorial i have done 5 videos creating a basic model in max, creating the high poly for the normal map, texturing it and then taking it into unreal. Ill get those online as soon as iv added the voice over...

Also if you guys could share any cool planets you make that would be ace, just post pics in here! cheers

Jody

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks for the shader very nice indeed .

Leave a comment:

• replied
    No worries dude!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Oh yeah helps me alot

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Ok iv put the shader up for download check...

http://forums.epicgames.com/showthre...6#post27044576

For details.

Thanks
    Jody

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I really like it a lot, but if I had to make a crit:

I like 3 out of 4 perspectives, but the front angle perspective (the bottom right) looks kinda bleh to me. I think the reason is it looks kinda uniform/chubby from that perspective. Personally, I would taper from back to front (front slightly more narrow) and bottom to top (top more narrow). Pinch in the front and the top a bit and it might break up that sorta boring silhouette. Just my 2 cents, otherwise I love it.

danimal

Leave a comment:

Working...
X