Planet shader

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Planet shader

Ok I have seen the idea for this from another person, i did not copy any materials its all done from scratch but if anyone knows who else did this let me know so i can say thanks for the idea

The planet shader uses vertex painting to lay down your land masses, water, ice ect. You have full control over ice colour and spec, ground, water (which is animated and has spec), 2 cloud layers (which are animated), lights from citys (colour and brightness) and also atmosphere colour and density... ill add more to this as i build it.

Heres some pics.

Feel free to comment guys and thanks

Jody

wow that looks cool man.

Comment

Thats really nice. Hmmm. Gives me some ideas. Could combine this with my planetarydata generator and populate a universe...

Comment

awsome matey...really impressive.

Comment

Thanks guys much apreciated!

Iv now updated it added a lot more control and you can now make suns and moons too... also turn off clouds and atmosphere (also more control over the atmosphere. here take a look.

Comment

This is really fab! Brilliant Stuff.

Matt.

Comment

any plans for this?

Comment

You should add the possibility to make suns of diffrent strengths/colors as well. And it will be awesome, already is. but more awesomeish.

Comment

i believe virtuosic http://boards.polycount.net/showthre...=planet+shader and
                  http://www.vimeo.com/7323255 he's always on polycount pimping crazy shaders,
                  yours looks nice as well

Comment

fallingbrickwork - Cheers mate.

Hboybowen - Yeh ill be using it in a game.. but i plan to have it open enough to use in any projects.

TheSpaceMan - you already can do that its all built in to the shader check out bellow... You can pretty much do any colour/strenth ect.

Rhinokio - That could well be the guy ill have to give him a heads up at some point!

Any other sugestions are wellcome!

Comment

I really like it, good work!

Comment

are you releasing it for others eventually?

Comment

Hboybowen - Yes deffinatly! I do want to get it finished and implemented into my own project first though if thats not too rude of me... :S

If anyone has any requests for similair shaders i could prob have a crack at them if its not to time consuming.

Jody

Comment

Heres a couple of vids of it working just to show the animation. These all use the same vertex painting but with different vertex painting you could get even more interesting results

www.jodygallagher.co.uk/Files/Demo2.mp4

www.jodygallagher.co.uk/Files/Demo.mp4

Lemme know if the links work!

Jody

Comment

Fantastic!

Comment

Working...
                              X