No announcement yet.

UT40k in UDK build October 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This months new feature is of course the Eldar WarWalker which was modelled by Scott Ellison with me doing the rest, yes believe it or not it can take me a month of work in the evenings to get the thing to work, while it's far from perfect i do hope you have some fun with it.

now for the rest, i hope i've fixed the character change menu so it should work online now, also by chance i found a way of fixing the weapons so that the bots not only chase you around they will now shoot you.

This build includes the maps from "emraldis" although i had to edit the lighting so that i could get them to work in the lastest UDK build, this sounds strange but the way UDK works you have to rebuild the map in the editor so that the lighting/paths/geometery is all upto date, with some maps that can take hours of computer time which i don't have atm.

Any way have fun and don't forget join us on Steam if you want to play a game with us Cheers Geodav

Comment

Great to see the project progressing!

Bravo!

Comment

after banging my head the last month i've managed to get a simple menu system up and running

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03k7Mhy3RkQ

Comment

Originally posted by geodav View Post
          after banging my head the last month i've managed to get a simple menu system up and running

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03k7Mhy3RkQ
          Like the menu geo....

God if it wasn't for you I think there would be a couple of million less people using the UDK...
          Epic Games should have you on the payroll mate..
          Half my tutorials wouldn't be there if you hadn't started the ball rolling....

Keep up the excellent first class work you do........Put them on YouTube too and they'll eventually offer you partnership like me and then you can have adds on each video which would add some more cash to your ad-sense....
          I think you've got ad-sense on your website haven't you?

Take care.

Lex

Comment

Hi Lex, now there's an idea, see-ing as i can now upload more than ten min vids i might just go back and try and sort some of the old olds.

yes i do have ad-sense, earned €28 in 2 years

Comment

Originally posted by geodav View Post
              Hi Lex, now there's an idea, see-ing as i can now upload more than ten min vids i might just go back and try and sort some of the old olds.

yes i do have ad-sense, earned €28 in 2 years
              Aha...
              With your tutorials up on YouTube,(even if you have to split any that go over 20 mins into two) eventually YouTube will offer you partnership or you can apply for it...

I'll find you the link to the application!

I don't earn loads yet but its picking up! Some of the larger channels with tens of thousands of views are raking it in!

I'm on about £20 a month a present but its climbing slowly....

The old ones you did are still usable for UDK August 2011, maybe a little tweaking here and there for some of the classes because Epic has altered some of the base ones....
              So lets say for example you put up your vehicle ones and people were having trouble with some of the classes because upgrades to the engine have slightly changed some base classes, well all you have to do is to add a caption to the video and point the viewer to a more up to date version of the class..One drawback though is that you have to update the classes and upload them to file planet, or you can put the updated classes on my website if you want, (or both)...
              Within a short period your revenue would start to climb and that 26 euro's would seem pathetic

Comment

ok added some videos to the first post

Comment

long time not updated

added a new stress relief video in the first post

Comment

Wow GeoDAV you still kicking at this????

Comment

Working...
                    X