UT40k in UDK build October 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UT40k in UDK build October 2012

Ok for those who have never heard of UT40k it was a UT2004/UT3 mod but is now a UDK stand-alone game bringing Warhammer 40,000 to a FPS game feeling.
    The aim is to bring ALL Warhammer 40,000 races into a playable team game,
    this includes Characters / Weapons / Vehicles all to be played on themed maps.

We have made a lot of progress in the last year, mainly in the playable content but not the code

A little stress relief in UT40k

ps. if you can code/programme get me a shout we need help

Nice, I would love to see the cathedral take advantage of the fracture tool

Comment

let me get it finished first

Comment

Looks cool. But Warhammer in fpp ? No I don't feel it ;p.

Comment

you mean you never wanted to drive a LandRaider or maybe a Eldar Jetbike blasting away at the enermy. Come on we live/breathe Warhammer 40,000, be a UltraMarine Terminator with Thunder Hammer + Storm Shield and smash your way through a horde of Tyranids, don't be a back seat General get in-there !!!!!

Comment

i have to side with GeoDav i was dissapointed when i found out Warhammer was a strategy game(i have a thing with strategy games coz i wanna be right in there). cant wait to play this when its done

dibs on that bike

Comment

Wheres my warp spiders?

Just kiddin, I think this will be great, I too would rather play 40k in FPS mode than in a strategy game. The dawn of war series is great, but being down in the action would be perfect especially against a bunch of player controlled enemies FUN!

Keep up the great work!
              Brian

Comment

sweet job so far, you know what gw's stance is on making 40k mods, i would hate to see you guys get foxed, i worked on warhammer age of reckoning mmo for its entire dev cycle, and they were pretty **** picky with everything we did, but anyway i would love to see a well done fps 40k mod. so keep it up

Comment

GW were so picky they rejected a small game company called Blizzard. We'd be playing World of Warhammer now, and Starcraft would be WH40K themed

Comment

@Rhinokio don't worry this mod/game has been going since 2003/4 thats before DoW !!!
                    yes i've read GW IP on game modding so no probs there.

btw just a little heads up, i'm a bit bogged down with the player/bots stuff that i can't get to work (code !!!!) but i will continue with weapons/vehicles/maps

Comment

Originally posted by geodav View Post
                      you mean you never wanted to drive a LandRaider or maybe a Eldar Jetbike blasting away at the enermy. Come on we live/breathe Warhammer 40,000, be a UltraMarine Terminator with Thunder Hammer + Storm Shield and smash your way through a horde of Tyranids, don't be a back seat General get in-there !!!!!
                      Oh I do, just in GoW like style ;p. I simply dont think FPP will work for Warhammer ;p.

Comment

i hope you don't mean that 3rd person (i get a crick in my neck) view when i keep trying to look round the characters head, ok we'll see if it's posible to do that via a mutator.
                        seemingly UDK has all the code for the GoW cover system just need a coder to get it working !!!!

ps. we have half solved the bot problem so things are looking up

Comment

@Rhinokio don't worry this mod/game has been going since 2003/4 thats before DoW !!!
                          Doesn't really mean anything though. Send them a mail about it. Start doing some publicity things and I'd think they would say something.

Comment

just to make it clear that i know what i can and can't do with Games Workshop IP
                            http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/co...900002&start=4
                            scroll down to the Modifications, Total Conversions, and Games
                            i think that clears things up a little :P

Comment

i hope you don't mean that 3rd person (i get a crick in my neck) view when i keep trying to look round the characters head, ok we'll see if it's posible to do that via a mutator.
                              seemingly UDK has all the code for the GoW cover system just need a coder to get it working !!!!

ps. we have half solved the bot problem so things are looking up
                              Yes I mean it. Honestly Warhammer have a loot of mele combat, this simply wont work in FPP view. And doesn't look good.
                              Just look at Relic Game (Warhammer Space Marine) I really can't imagine it in 1st person (and I dont like 1st person anyway ;D)

Comment

Working...
                              X