• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    oops double post..

Leave a comment:

• replied
    This is a serious bump.. Shackz i hope you didn't give up on what you were working on. The comments you received were deplorable. Good job getting that all together as far as you did. A lot of new members wouldn't have anything at all, and come to the forums asking for someone to do it for them.

Really, I think they were mad because you showed up halfway capable, and when they showed up they weren't maybe? The term Pickle *ick, comes to mind.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by gegebel View Post
    Sorry, but I wonder what you're trying to show here.
    Showing a UIScene opening without pausing is a simple option in UIScene called Pause when active, just disable it and voila you got it working.
    I'd rather be interested if you'd say you can actually buy and sell stuff, but I guess you're far away from that if you think showing a UI is actually something special.
    Of course I appreciate your work and tests and so on, but don't you think it would actually be more interesting to show something worth showing?
    I could show you lots of WIP tests, like UI and interaction with NPC and so on, but is it worth it?
    I don't wanna tell you this is ****, but honestly, you don't show anything "special".
    What I am trying to show here is what it takes to be able to make great games, even if some of this stuff that is in here is open source its still a WIP. Basically all I am recieving in return is how stubborn some people are who just like to see bells and whistles. I thank people with genuine interest and constructive critisism.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Sorry, but I wonder what you're trying to show here.
    Showing a UIScene opening without pausing is a simple option in UIScene called Pause when active, just disable it and voila you got it working.
    I'd rather be interested if you'd say you can actually buy and sell stuff, but I guess you're far away from that if you think showing a UI is actually something special.
    Of course I appreciate your work and tests and so on, but don't you think it would actually be more interesting to show something worth showing?
    I could show you lots of WIP tests, like UI and interaction with NPC and so on, but is it worth it?
    I don't wanna tell you this is ****, but honestly, you don't show anything "special".

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Great job Good game mechanics are the most important thing to create a fun game/experience - keep it up

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by fallingbrickwork View Post
    it's a shame comments like the above get posted... If there is nothing to say then nothing should be said. The above adds absolutely nothing.

I think you've made a really great start, keep the work up! I like the UI work you have done and would like to know a bit more about it... Is it coded or Kismet etc?

Regards,
    Matt.
    Hey, the UI was kinda a test that when well. I was think that if i was able to make a light turn on i would be able to make UI appear in a certain section. This is done through Kismet and is on a trigger connected to UI Open Scene then to a Toggle HUD. With the UI appearence itself is made through the basic "New UI Scene". I hope this helps you guys out.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by REDxFROG View Post
    Sorry I couldn't enjoy anything of this. :P
    it's a shame comments like the above get posted... If there is nothing to say then nothing should be said. The above adds absolutely nothing.

I think you've made a really great start, keep the work up! I like the UI work you have done and would like to know a bit more about it... Is it coded or Kismet etc?

Regards,
    Matt.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey Shackz I think from what you have going your doing a decent job. Did you use kismet or unrealscript to produce that uiscene?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Looks like you're well on your way to have the functionality needed in a point and click game. Have you attempted to interact with the NPC in any other way, like throw or emit something towards them?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by WithBacon View Post
    Well I think he posted it here because there is a bit of everything.

Vote for WIP section!

To the OP. Very nice progress so far. Loved the belkin3d animation on your youtube.
    Have a question about the character ring. is it supposed to show on the bottom part of the box when the character is on top of it?

Looking forward to more vids.
    yep mate, just like a selection ring in wow or orther rpg style games, although i havent figured out how to select NPCs yet it is on the horizon. Its just a decal as you probily have already assumed. Thanks the Belkin animation was fun and interesting. =D

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks for all the wel wishes on the project, and yes i think there should be one more section for works in progress. I will keep at it and keep you all updated thanks for your interest. =D

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Looking like great progress! and fast too. You should keep at it. I have to agree with you some negative criticism is a good thing but some tend to just be negative without being helpfull. I personaly dont have anything to add apart from what iv said. keep at it

Jody

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Well Im not going to give negative feedback. Good Job on your work

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Digital Nightfall View Post
    I think the problem, Shackz, is that this is the "show off" forum, and things posted here are expected to be of the OMG WOW variety. I think this work may be better suited for one of the other forums here, like General, Modeling, or Level Design.
    Do you think that there should be one more section in the forums for WIPs and this forum should only feature finished projects?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Well I think he posted it here because there is a bit of everything.

Vote for WIP section!

To the OP. Very nice progress so far. Loved the belkin3d animation on your youtube.
    Have a question about the character ring. is it supposed to show on the bottom part of the box when the character is on top of it?

Looking forward to more vids.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X