Mechanics, Work In Progress.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mechanics, Work In Progress.

Hey guys first time post long time troller. I'm a 3D game artist and have been looking into the Unreal Engine 3 since i got my hands on UT3. It has been my goal in a project to use the Unreal 3 Engine to develop something kool that really pushes my ability as an artist and to increase my knowledge in programing. My basic idea is simple yet to the point to test the abilities of the engine so that it may be used to its full potential. The premiss of the idea lyes within a coliseum setting or a The Testing Ring as I call it. The perspective will be from a 3rd person view / first person view. This will try and be achieved by switching cameras with triggered events and such. In this coliseum you will test out a viarity of special powers that your character posesses. fire/water attacks. Monsters will come into play later on in development mainly the focus is to see if the camera is what I envisioned it to be and the interactions with UI.

Thats my lil IP hope you guys enjoy the little updates i will post here and there in the furture.

Here are some initial tests that i have conducted to show my indeed motivation for game mechanics.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lsZY...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UMrfcj29OQ
    __
    Shackz_

I got to ask, are you sure you actually coded this ?

What i kind of see, is a bad level (sorry, but not even a skybox!) with a few boxes, and the code for free camera movement/rotation posted on forum, and the same type of attached particle systems to actor a guy posted a "guide" on how to make and some very basic fracture's (tbh i dont really see anything you made, other then perhaps the boxes).

I can of course understand, if your an artist that you are using code from the forums, and thats what its there for of course, but then i dont really see any new art aswell, or am i blind ?

Im not trying to be rude in any way, im just having a hard time to "envision" what your trying to show us that is original .

And sorry im not one of those "uuuh... ahhh..." for everything, unless i actually mean it , so show me whats so special, and ill be all in for saying it though.

Comment

Uh, the camera and shooting looks really awkward. And you spelled "cool" with a k...

Comment

hrmm, well thanks your interest. Some things to point out to you guys off the bat is that no not all of this is my code, its is a combination of tutoirals off UDK, The Ball Turoirial and X9s mouse set up. In my previous post i never stated that this was all mine or anything. Just wanted to clear the air with that. I dont mind if you have questions about it essentially im fairly new to the UE, and yes the level at the moment is ****. I dont even consider this as a level it is a test. You guys know that you start with tests. But all in all ill take this on the noes and say thanks for the feedback.

Comment

Hey guys here is an art asset that is in game skelemesh that is animated as an NPC. Again this is a test.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8oDZoBtdqM

Comment

Originally posted by Shackz View Post
            Hey guys here is an art asset that is in game skelemesh that is animated as an NPC. Again this is a test.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8oDZoBtdqM
            See, now we are talking something new

Animation seems to look fluid, so thats nice , but height is a bit off, but considering its easy to scale, my guess is its not a issue.

The video is a bit murky, as no HQ, could u post a screenshot of the asset ?

Comment

Originally posted by Brexer View Post
              See, now we are talking something new

Animation seems to look fluid, so thats nice , but height is a bit off, but considering its easy to scale, my guess is its not a issue.

The video is a bit murky, as no HQ, could u post a screenshot of the asset ?
              Yea thanks mate, animation is ok not the best but still early days. here is a SS of the asset. There are some texutre issuses but time will only fix that. The issues with the texutres (hands) are not correct due to the ammount of textures applyed in my 3d package and not enough material IDs made up for the asset. the import/export of this is fairly easy. Thanks again mate.

Comment

Basic NPC UI

Hey guys, just testing some basic UI using the widgets/ UI buttons provided with UDK. As you can see the game still is running while the UI is up kinda like a shop window in a RPG running animations while in the shop etc.

enjoy =D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVk2gB7YhAU

Comment

Sorry I couldn't enjoy anything of this. :P

Comment

@REDxFrog: I have to ask y is that?

I'm sorry but i feel that there is alot of negitive feedback on these forums. Even though im posted in the correct thread etc. and this is a WIP does that have any meaning?

Comment

Looking very nice, like good progress on your side. Lighting needs to be fixed a bit. and your floor is too flat. add in some more details, your level is very plane. Also im sure you know but editing gold/cost isnt good haha but its a good start. I'm sure you plan on changing that.

Comment

I think the problem, Shackz, is that this is the "show off" forum, and things posted here are expected to be of the OMG WOW variety. I think this work may be better suited for one of the other forums here, like General, Modeling, or Level Design.

Comment

Thanks Digital for clearing that up. Also Thanks Viion for the well wishes. will tend to get more details as this goes on, but i have to say its hard when your the only one working on it thanks =D

Comment

Well I think he posted it here because there is a bit of everything.

Vote for WIP section!

To the OP. Very nice progress so far. Loved the belkin3d animation on your youtube.
                            Have a question about the character ring. is it supposed to show on the bottom part of the box when the character is on top of it?

Looking forward to more vids.

Comment

Originally posted by Digital Nightfall View Post
                              I think the problem, Shackz, is that this is the "show off" forum, and things posted here are expected to be of the OMG WOW variety. I think this work may be better suited for one of the other forums here, like General, Modeling, or Level Design.
                              Do you think that there should be one more section in the forums for WIPs and this forum should only feature finished projects?

Comment

Working...
                              X