No announcement yet.

The WIP Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FrozenD looking good bud .Add some decals or add some dirt layers to texture too grunge it up abit.
    Sanch3z=Looks great first pik i like with polar bear poster lol.
    Borisk=You have some nice stuff going on..lol at the pink monster keep it up .

Comment

thanks DELTATHUND3R...

apparently FrozenD and myself were both thinking about striped walls:

[shot]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y24/d1rtysanch3z/yellowstripe.jpg[/shot]

stranger yet is that I was going to have blue stripes at the next stop along this subway

Comment

one question guys, are u using entities of .bsp to build the walls?

Comment

No, my entire Scene is Terrain and SM's

@Sanch3z: Nice Tile Texture, but I think you can really improve it by using a better Specular and a deeper Normalmap. Atm it looks a little bit flat.

Comment

I get some shadow errors while using meshes to make my walls, strange
            Here is a screenie of the error

Comment

Comment

you should use a sublayer in you texture with a bigger tilling to break the texture looks.

Comment

Cool stuff going on here! Frozen only thing that pops out to me is the walls look a little bit "woolen" at the mo try to tone it back. Just because you can use normal maps doesnt mean you have to make everything bumpy but cool stuff keep it up.

Jody

Comment

Originally posted by maxicod View Post
                    one question guys, are u using entities of .bsp to build the walls?
                    my walls are BSP, well the flat ones are. The rounded ceilings are SM.

Comment

Well here's an older version of my grapple translated to UDK. I'm utterly re-doing the gun, as this was my first ever attempt to model and texture. It's pretty fun to fly around with. Unfortunately youtube seems to have darkened the video a lot, but ah well, you'll get the idea.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCI8WBVsccE

Currently I'm re-doing the gun itself, then I'll go back to the projectile and give it a custom shader (sort of like a freznel glow) to outline it better to make it easier to see. I'm kind of diggin the purple beam, but I'm going to make a brief test or two using a more "rope" or "chain" style beam.

danimal

Comment

just looking again, and think you should tilling down the brick texture.

Comment

Maxi, assuming that those are meshes you made in, it looks like Max based on your icon, you need to soften the normals. Soften Normals is what we call it in Maya, dunno what you max users call it (smooth normals or something?) Essentially it looks like you have hard normals which causes the jarring lighting.

danimal

Comment

This was just an experiment, I'm not going to finish this.

Comment

Embryo=Nice..Like it alot...Its got a toon style too it.
                              danimal'=the grappling weapons looking great

Comment

GRoss, your textures are scaled way too high.

Comment

Working...
                                X