The WIP Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The WIP Thread

What to post? Things which you are currently working on to get feedback. Models, Textures, Materials, ... whatever, post it.

I begin with my awesome pillar

Looking good and nice idea...maybe change suface size to 0.5 might make pillars look better.

Comment

You mean the texturescale? Well, Problem is: This blue and grey is just ONE texture, so i have to remake it completely :S

Comment

The diffuse texture looks fine but you could do to increase the normal map texture co-ordinates.

Comment

Better now?

Comment

what's awesome ? I don't get what you are trying to achieve. Anyway the neon shouldn't be that way. I mean I've never seen such a thing. Maybe trying with a wall lamp.

Comment

WIP = Work in Progress

Well, i just used the lamp to quickly have a lightsource... it's not part of the actual model.

Comment

They still look too stretched in the Y direction.

Comment

They aren't

Comment

this may be a dumb response as I'm not very familiar with udk yet but you should turn on AA before you do your screenshots, the tearing is really killing the aesthetic.

Comment

As far as I know there's no way to turn on AA in the UDK. At least that's the answer I keep getting about it.

Comment

This is from a map I am working on for a game where you are the hero, Al Gore, and you must defeat the evil ManBearPig (global warming) boss:
                        [shot]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y24/d1rtysanch3z/mainhall.jpg[/shot] [shot]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y24/d1rtysanch3z/tunnel1.jpg[/shot]

j/k, this is a WIP for When Night Falls (vampires vs lycan). It is the main hallway of a subway themed map.

Comment

Dissertation Dev Diary 3

http://tinypic.com/r/zxu1j4/6

For my dissertation im doin a mod based on child soldiers. Basically you will play a child soldier who runs away because he hears that his mother is sick.

this is me testing aiming down the sights and how coding works in UDK. I also do the Squib tutorial someone posted on how to get custom models/NPCs into UDK. i just need to sort out UVs and finish my custom models

Thanks to GeoDav for the weapon tutorials and Greg Penninck for the custom model tutorial. thanks to my 3D modelling teacher for some tips too

im also building a remix version of High Rise in UDK. at the moment i dont have MW2 so im relying on youtube vids and walkthrough vids on Youtube ahahahaha. i just need to sort out my loan and get the student version of Max 2010 so i can add the static meshes and cloth.

PS:dont go too hard on me, most of it is self taught(my course focuses on C++ and i suck at it BIG TIME)

Comment

im not too fussed about the animation and some of the other stuff its the level/game design in the dissertation i wanna focus on coz i want to be a level/game designer

next time im gonna be showing you civilian animation and other stuff

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X