Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A cathedral work-in-progress (video in post 133)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd love to post how many triangles are on the screen at a time, but I don't know where to find that stat. I've poured through the "rc" command box but am not really sure that to tick off. (it might get angry...)

Comment

The first video is here!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdEtX5wBS6U

Boo on no video embeds on the Epic forum!

This video is just a test to get my feet wet with the process of animating the camera, recording it in fraps, encoding it, and getting it on youtube. More videos will follow.

Big question for you guys, though. I'm having a heck of a time getting fraps to record properly from the UDK. Every time I do it, I get a tiny video stuck in the corner of a 1024x1024 box. What you see posted here is the result of cropping and resizing. I'd really like to be able to actually record the video at the proper size!

Edit 1: So, recording from the UDK "game" seems to work properly, but there's two problems. One is that I can't get the game into a widescreen format. Entering "rc" into the console gives me nothing. The bigger problem is I am seeing some LOD "popping" in the game that doesn't seem to happen in the editor. It seems to be occuring with the shadow maps and glass textures. How do I turn that off?

Comment

Dude! That Vid is awesome! but how do youcreate a building like that? Do you model it is parts and then assemble them in UDK, or do you model the entire mesh in on piece? and if you do, how do you handle the colsion?

Comment

It's modelled in a modular fashion, and you've done a really good job of it. The video was definitely needed although it could do to be a bit longer and show a bit more off. But it gives a sense of the scale which the pictures could never truly get across. Good work.

Comment

This is starting to look really awesome

Comment

It looks fantastic, I just wish it was longer, and showed more.

Comment

You're going to get your wish! I just wanted to make sure I was setting things up properly before committing to a longer video.

Comment

That place is going to look kickass when props and possibly additional lightsources are added! Great work so far.

Comment

Best is to run the game level and record that way (by pressing the black joystick thingie)
                    I think you can resize the window with RC better that way then via UDKs "test level"
                    Remember to minimize UDK behind it because for some reason it likes to record that as well if its viewable
                    on your screen. Even if your play window covers it. =/

You can also record by maxing the 3D view window and press play in viewport (or something like that)
                    but then you get the problem with the small window in the corner and have to resize it.

Thats the only ways I know how to record. Hope something help.

and video on page 13 not 7 :P

Comment

A-ma-zing !
                      Very nice video, the music was made by you ? That's remind me escaflown...
                      For recording (with fraps) : http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=714693

Note : I love your staircases !

Comment

No, the music is by Ike Yoshihiro for the anime Ergo Proxy. It was a tossup between that, the theme from Eye of the North by Jeremy Soule (epic!), or a track by Solar Fields (the musician behind Mirror's Edge). I still may do videos using the other music choices.

The longer video is still being worked on. I am pondering if I should do it as one long cut or divide it into smaller ones. I think I will do both.

Comment

In the 3rd picture on page 12 it looks as though the balustrade against the far wall doesn't line up properly.

Comment

The video posted yesterday was just a tease. Behold, the full four minute version!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSd-uYK2f2E

Comment

That was awesome. Now give us the 8 minute video. Haha, jk. It looks really good.

Comment

A few things I'd like to see. Stained glass, volumetric light, and something inside. I tooks kind of bare inside right now, even though it is WIP.

It looks great, btw. Is it ever going to be released to the public, or just for your own personal use? I'd love to be able to see it firsthand

Comment

Working...
                                X