Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A cathedral work-in-progress (video in post 133)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A cathedral work-in-progress (video in post 133)

Hi, just thought I'd share my UDK work. Any feedback is appreciated.

Comment

Lacking a great deal of fine detail, notably in the textures, but obviously that's because it's still quite early. Geometry is looking pretty good, I must say

Comment

Wow, amazing detail in the Geometry, very nice.

Comment

Thats excellent..Love the design of the church..Wire frame image plz .

Comment

looks very nice indeed

Comment

Thanks, guys! I didn't expect such a quick reaction.

Textures and additional details will come. Also, I will very likely redo the whole front facade. It was done while still getting my bearings and I didn't yet have a sense of the scale or direction I wanted to go. In fact the whole thing is still in a very "proof of concept" phase.

Oh, and all of the meshes (34 of 'em, though there's 358 in the scene) were created from scratch in 3dsmax 2010. The only thing that's BSP is the ground. Build time... around five days, not counting the time I spent daydreaming.

Is this what you mean when you ask for a wireframe?

Comment

yeah really inspireing work, and a really haunting atmosphere!

Comment

This looks really good. I look forward to seeing it develop further.

Comment

Yep thats a wireframe ty ty..very nice indeed.Great eye for detail looking forward too your progression matey.

Comment

That's very nice. Wireframe looks quite dense, how many polies are you pushing so far?

Look forward to seeing the finished product.

Comment

Avoid making you're entire level with static meshes, try using BSP. It allows you to make changes relating to level design and flow without having to jump between Programs constantly.

Looks pretty good though, consistant visual style and detail. Keep up the good work!

Comment

from what i heard/read it was not wise to use many bsp based geometrics (for performance sakes) i could be wrong though..

Comment

All articles/tutorials I've read related to UE3 only uses BSP to block out the flow of a level and get the proportions down. Then it's all replaced with StaticMesh. I could be wrong though?

Quite funny how no one seems to know about this. :P

Comment

Based on what I've read and seen in tutorials it's considered perfectly acceptable to create a map entirely from static meshes. This is according to 3D Buzz and Mastering Unreal Technology Vol 1.

Comment

Working...
                              X