Something I started today.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Something I started today.

While my main programmer is learning this engine, I'm working on levels/models/textures and kismet.

Here is a level I started earlier today. Let me know what you all think.

And this is what I still have to work on :P

nice ! Are you using realtime shadow ?

Comment

All I did was drop in the DominateDirectionLight for now.

Comment

Hum cool. If you untic use static shadow on the speedtree actor the tree will cast shadow too.

Comment

looks good for a start, but it still needs a lot of work
          What type of game will this be for?

Comment

ground texture closer to the house is nice, obviously the scribbly paths arent even pretending to be final but it looks pretty nice. trees are pretty nice too, but as sueds said, shadowing on the trees would be nice. for a days work starting out, pretty mint.

Comment

Thanks for the tips on the tree shadows!

I actually don't wanna give away much about the gameplay. 3 years of game school got me to be very protective of my ideas

Comment

It looks like a good start. I've been looking for a good game school so, if you don't mind me asking, where did you go?

Comment

I went to Flashpoint Academy. It's in Chicago, IL: do a google search.

I actually got a job for 2 months in the game industry in Georgia. A few friends of mine from there went on to play test Tony Hawk Ride.

I was the first graduating class so it need improvement, but a friend of mine thats going now says he is liking it so far.

Edit: To be honest though, you can easily learn most things a school can teach you, online. The thing schools are best for is the experience working in a live team. Here is my old website from right b4 i graduated: www.nelsonlevel.com Made it and all of its contents in just over a week I think.

Comment

Nice start! I can't wait to see where it's going.

oh and, I'm in my last year of Flashpoint now! What a small world!
                    I love the layout of your site. Can't believe I didn't see you around last year.

Comment

It's a nice little scene, but I would suggest 1 post in between the fence rails and where you have the ones on the ground I would show it all got broken to end up that way.

Comment

Dude nice one...

Looks amazing

Comment

Originally posted by katana2665 View Post
                          It's a nice little scene, but I would suggest 1 post in between the fence rails and where you have the ones on the ground I would show it all got broken to end up that way.
                          yeah, after looking at reference pictures, i'll have to fix it.

Comment

Working...
                          X