Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

Simple UDK Launcher.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• started a topic Simple UDK Launcher.

Simple UDK Launcher.

I'm not sure if this will be useful to anyone else, but during development of my projects I used to end up with a half dozen or more batch files on my desktop that I would use to quickly test different maps. Sometime last year I created a quick launcher, and I've cleaned it up and packaged it for anyone to use:

http://www.angelmapper.com/files/UDKLauncher.zip

All you need to do is use the selection box to pick out UDK.exe (I use the one in the Binaries\Win32 folder), type in your gametype and select the map. The program will autosave your settings into a file in the same directory called Config.ini. There are additional options that you can use as well:

The Log checkbox shows the log window, and No Startup Movies skips all of the movies and loads straight into the map.
    There is also an Additional Parameters box that you can add stuff to, for example:

For changing game parameters:
    Code:
    ?GameSpeed=1.3
    For adding command line arguments, for instance to run the remote control:
    Code:
    -wxwindows
    Or a combination of the two:
    Code:
    ?bAutoNumBots=true -ResX=800 -ResY=600
    I don't plan on adding any more features to this, it was never meant to be anything more than a simple testing launcher.
    Let me know if this helps you, and if you have any questions/bugs!

• replied
    Ok understood, cheers again!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    No, I don't think that would work. It changes variables, but changing the owner would require a function call.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Angel_Mapper View Post
    Yep! It will show you a list of current actors, and you can open up their properties as you would in the editor and make changes as the game is running. Those changes are lost when the game closes though, so write down any that you want to go back and change in your code.
    Gotcha thanks Angel_Mapper!

One last thing, could remote control be used to change the OWNER of a MESH during game time for testing? i.e. :

https://forums.epicgames.com/threads...1#post31912931

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Select maps ? Woww really cool : ).

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by frankit View Post
    Cheers AM! So remote control is a runtime level / actor editor?
    Yep! It will show you a list of current actors, and you can open up their properties as you would in the editor and make changes as the game is running. Those changes are lost when the game closes though, so write down any that you want to go back and change in your code.
    Originally posted by Neongho View Post
    Will check that out : ). How did you develope it ?
    It was originally in C#, but I couldn't figure out how to get it running on other computers so I remade it in Java. The version I made for work is a lot more complex (being able to select different projects, launching multiple instances of the UDK on remote machines), but I found it useful for quickly selecting maps to test so I made a stripped down version for my own projects.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Will check that out : ). How did you develope it ?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Cheers AM! So remote control is a runtime level / actor editor?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I mainly use the remote control when I have to adjust the positioning of something with the component's Translation and Rotation, makes it a LOT easier when you can change the property and see the changes in real time. Anything like that really, pawn speeds/jump heights etc, any property you need to tweak but don't want to have to keep jumping out to make a minor adjustment.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Cheers for helping keep UDK alive Angle_Mapper!
    I've seen the Remote Control feature mentioned before but only vaguely.
    Can you suggest a few examples of how you can use it to good effect?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X