[Code] Splinter Cell Stealth Framework

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    What type of license have you released this with? Can people use it for their own projects (commercial or otherwise)?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Stealth Framework!? The time has come, for the rebirth of Tenchu as it USED to be known back in the PS1 days (the king, and father of 3D stealth games!)!

End of nostalgia laced pipe-dream comment...

BTW Amazing work, I'll have to keep an eye on this for when my coding skills are ready.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Cool ! Good work Neoptolemus !
    You can add tutorial about AI Patrol ? Or add example map to package ? Because i don't understand it and i really want use your code in my project.
    Please...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    wow Awesome work

it's very usefull for me Thanks for sharing
    i will try it
    i hope you keep updating this and still develop this project

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by udkA View Post
    The visibility says 0 all off the time
    Hi udkA. At the moment only PointLight actors are supported (which I think includes PointLightMovable and PointLightToggleable since they extend it), so make sure you're not trying to use spotlights or dominant directional lights. I will add support for those sometime soon.

It will also ignore any lightmass calculations since it would be insane trying to approximate those calculations in Unrealscript. Make sure when you make your map that Lightmass is either disabled entirely, or that you build your map in such a way that the actual play area is not impacted (by disabling lightmass on certain lights for example), otherwise you will find situations where an area looks well lit (because of light bounce from nearby sources) but the game thinks it's pitch dark. At the moment, if a player is further from a light than its radius then it is ignored, even though lightmass might extend the light's influence outside its radius.

If you're still having problems then let me know.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The visibility says 0 all off the time

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Just tried the updated one and its awesome!. The throwables now work properly.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    thanks for sharing it, i will try to look at it soon as i can.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I have updated the code with some fixes. See the bottom of the original thread for details. This improves the way thrown objects are handled and contains some AI enhancements.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by ryanjon2040 View Post
    Just a quick question. How can i have throwables? I dragged and dropped StealthframeworkThrowableObject and set it to Bottle. But nothing appears in game . My main interest in this Framework was the projectile trajectory display.
    Hi Ryanjon2040. At the moment the throwable object is represented by a kActor in the world. The ThrownItem variable only determines which StealthFramework_ThrownItem class is given to the player when they pick it up however, so you still need to set the static mesh component as you would a regular kActor for it to actually appear. It's not a great system at the moment, as you need to write a new custom class if you want to create a new thrown item. It would be better if the thrown item appearance and the noise it makes is determined by options the mapper sets in the Throwable Object, and didn't need to be configured separately. For example, if you place a Throwable Object with a brick static mesh, then the Thrown Item projectile will also look like a brick without you having to create a new projectile class. When I have time I'll sort that out.

Thanks for the responses so far guys, and keep pointing out issues or areas that can be improved. I'm going to make some updates when I can, so I'll update this thread periodically.

PS: If anyone knows a good way to prevent the ragdoll "catching" on static mesh actors then let I'd be grateful if you could suggest something!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Just a quick question. How can i have throwables? I dragged and dropped StealthframeworkThrowableObject and set it to Bottle. But nothing appears in game . My main interest in this Framework was the projectile trajectory display.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by ryanjon2040 View Post
    Awesome share!. Although make sure to change InventoryManagerClass=class'SPG_InventoryManager' to InventoryManagerClass=class'StealthFramework_Inven toryManager' in StealthFrameworkPawn (line: 451) otherwise compiler will show a warning.
    Oops! This is what happens when you have multiple projects on the same UDK installation I'll fix that with an update later today.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Awesome share!. Although make sure to change InventoryManagerClass=class'SPG_InventoryManager' to InventoryManagerClass=class'StealthFramework_Inven toryManager' in StealthFrameworkPawn (line: 451) otherwise compiler will show a warning.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Beautiful eprk

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Awesome stuff. Thanks for sharing!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X