Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

Adventure Kit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi ! Again... Thanks TKBS ! I have another problem. I want export fbx animation to Maya 2014 but can't see bones because they are in one place (look on image) :c Please help !

Comment

Yea sorry guys for kind of abandoning this, but I have so much to do and so little time :/

A big thanks to TKBS for doing such a great support job

@RatAs1171: Sorry I don't have any experience with Maya, but you can basically use any character you want if you do animations for it.
      I will definitly get the UE4 kit working with the epic skeleton to avoid the mess I caused with my crappy one

greetings,
      FTC

Comment

FTC you import animation from game (it looks like Tomb Raider Underworld animations ) or did it personally ?

Comment

@RatAs:
          • 3DS Max has an option "Send to maya" [although i never got it working].
          • Did you make changes to file before importing into MAYA?
          • ...if you are doing work with this project, feeding it back into the community would be cool
          • It's possible your MAYA settings are different to others, if so try this:

Random tips(Maya):

• [1]"You may want to set Display->Animation->Joint Size=0.5 or smaller"
          • [2]"To Fix the blown out skeleton joints select "Display>animation>Joint Size..." and adjust so happy."
          ADVKit_Export.Rar:(124kb)
          http://www.mediafire.com/download/tr...n_Exported.rar
          • It looks ok to me

@FTC: TY

Links/ Useful stuff on chars
          [QUOTE 1:] http://bolthole.com/udk/ut3_mixamo.html
          [QUOTE 2:] http://cargocollective.com/ThomasM/E...UDK-Characters

Comment

You may want to set Display->Animation->Joint Size=0.5 or smaller
            IT WORK'S !!!! THANKS !!! YOU ARE AMAZING !!! Your skeleton in .mb file is corrupted but FBX is working. You will be in credits of my game If i will having another problem i know must write to you You are very helpfull

Comment

Originally posted by RatAs1171 View Post
              FTC you import animation from game (it looks like Tomb Raider Underworld animations ) or did it personally ?
              I basically used screen recordings from several games (including underworld) as references for my animations, but I never extracted any 3d meshes or animations for that.

greetings,
              FTC

Comment

Adventure Kit UDK and Mobile?

Hello,

First off, thanks for such a great contribution. Great stuff. I rigged up a character and got it working with the Adventure Kit, but when I play it in the mobile previewer it is no longer in 3rd person and some of the behaviors do not appear to work. I have not changed any of the core code. Any help is appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by FTC View Post
                  Hi,
                  The original animations are not really anything special anyway, just keep in mind that some animations use root motion.
                  FTC
                  Could someone explain what root motion means?
                  I have a rigged up character and I've copied the animsets of the advkit pawn, but certain motions such as climbing on top of a wall, or climbing around a corner, do not work. I have a bone called root in the same position as the root in the original character and I had hoped that would be enough for the scripts to work with. What about the original rig is critical to such actions?

Comment

It means that it adds engine movement., it's moving the actor location.

What the engine reads it's the whole object moved, as an animation. " so no root bone will add root movement animation " you have to move the whole skeleton and the whole object.

Then you can preview in the animset, the purple line, wich that is the direction vector you will be moving your character, in the UDN there is an explanation.

You can move the Z axis the X axis or the Y axis, after wards you set something like this https://forums.epicgames.com/threads...full-body-slot. After being called, the engine will translate the purple lines into movement.

In the other hand, you have that if you move the root bone(The bone that is the king of the whole bone hierarchy), the character will move like he was advancing, but at the end the location it's never changing. You can use both perfecly depending of the situation.

Comment

Great and amazing work FTC! congratulations!!

I have some questions for you... (please! take your time and sorry my english too!)

I´m using your code for my personal work, and my questions are:

Can I set 2 (or more) Vault animations depending on the hight??? I want to the player can play diferents vault animation depending on the height, but i dont know how to make it!?

I was thinking about a blend node by property (a float variable) in animtree after bVault node property... but i dont know the property says obstacle´s height!! something like this: 54-64 play "vault 1", 43-53 plays "vault2", and 32-42 plays "vault 3"

it´s posible? which is the property (float variable)says about obstacle´s hight???

thanks for your time! and thanks for your code and work!!

see you!

Comment

Take a look at the native functions of the pawn, or its functions in general. (link below)

• (Outside editor/ code) You can get Pawn location at at anytime, then use simple if else statement to run the new anim, you will also need the anim tree i guess.
                        • (Inside Editor/kismet) Another way is in editor, possibly using a visual indicator such as a flat plane placed on the z-axis. You can then call your new pawn script at the appropriate height when passing through the plane (touch)

FTC made this and its highly sort after, i strongly recommend maybe following FTC work on UE4 and don't burden FTC with older udk stuff.
                        .......Still A verdict from the OP is always appreciated.

Link(s):

Code:
                        - in the pawn calss
                        simulated function Tick(float DeltaTime)
                        {
                                local vector CURRENTLOCATION;
                                 super.Tick(DeltaTime);
                                 CURRENTLOCATION= Location;
                                SetLocation( CURRENTLOCATIONLocation);
                        }

- then activate your stuff
                        - use a -log
                        • the above is just an idea to get a location, it does nothing more
                        • check into the ADVKit pawn, "fVaultHeight" variable and pad your code in somewhere there
                        • all of when the anims are activate should be fairly self explanatory

Comment

Originally posted by TKBS View Post
                          Take a look at the native functions of the pawn, or its functions in general. (link below)

• (Outside editor/ code) You can get Pawn location at at anytime, then use simple if else statement to run the new anim, you will also need the anim tree i guess.
                          • (Inside Editor/kismet) Another way is in editor, possibly using a visual indicator such as a flat plane placed on the z-axis. You can then call your new pawn script at the appropriate height when passing through the plane (touch)

FTC made this and its highly sort after, i strongly recommend maybe following FTC work on UE4 and don't burden FTC with older udk stuff.
                          .......Still A verdict from the OP is always appreciated.
                          Hi TKBS! thanks for your answer!

I´ll try to work from there!.. Now I´ve finished to set all the animtree! (yesterday i get fix some problems with the animation and code) Today or tomorrow I´ll work in your answer...

thanks a lot!

Comment

my adventureKit set!

Comment

Originally posted by FTC View Post
                              Hi,

(Snip)

I must say I am a bit nervous. I hope everything goes well and works.
                              (I just encountered and fixed a bug as I was making the final release video )

(Snip)
                              @FTC Don't worry, that's normal for most people. When I released my very first mod on the Steam Workshop, I was nervous that it would be defunct to other users. Thankfully, most people claimed that the mod worked for them.

Always make small goals for yourself when starting something out at first, and then gradually think up bigger goals as your experience strengthens(although I don't know if you are a beginner or not). Not doing so will bring a lot of stress. Anyways, great job on your project!

Comment

@ Titobruni:
                                Cool stuff. A small pawn like your DragonBall Goku is a nice idea, it suits the project template very well. If you were to create a Pawn free from others IP then you could add it to the kit and Re-distribute for the community

Comment

Working...
                                X