• Show
Clear All

Adventure Kit

Hi,

so here it is, long awaited and finally finished:
    http://freetimestudio.net/software/u...-adventure-kit

Definitly check out this Getting Started series:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLyPP...ijjJZz&index=1

I must say I am a bit nervous. I hope everything goes well and works.
    (I just encountered and fixed a bug as I was making the final release video )

Also, please read the Readme.html before posting questions here.

So here goes nothing,
    greetings

thanks for sharing it FTC, i will try to check it as soon as i can ....

Comment

You are awesome FTC! Have you a donate button on your site?

Comment

Thanks
        No, after years of nothing I removed it. Nowadays I just take what the youtube ads generate.

greetings

Comment

that's an awesome addition to the community, thanks for sharing it

Comment

Awesome job! Thanks a lot!

Comment

FTC this is fantastic stuff! Reminds me of good ol Tomb Raider
              One little idea for you: for pole and lever you seem to always edit the static mesh & collision properties in code.
              Why not exposing them to the editor object properties? That way you don't have to do any recompiling and can easily use various meshes...

Definitely gonna use this as environment interaction base in my game. Thank you again for sharing the AdvKit with us!

Comment

Very cool stuff, can I use it for a non commercial project?

Comment

very usefull thanks a lot. one of the best tuts out there

Comment

Thanks a lot for this. I was never quite able to get a handle on the whole ledge grabbing/climbing thing, going to dissect your code to figure it out.

Comment

I watched all the tutorials about the kit: super easy to use, great features. Exactly what I was looking for since udk's first release and that I only find today.
                      Thanks a lot for sharing this brilliant work.

Comment

Originally posted by JBJHJM View Post
                        [...]for pole and lever you seem to always edit the static mesh & collision properties in code.
                        Why not exposing them to the editor object properties?[...]
                        The pole actually has exposed parameters for the mesh and collision cylinder, so you can change that in the editor. I guess I should add an annotation to the tutorial video. While the pole is a very passive object, the lever has a lot more code to it so I figured the best thing people could do would be to derive their own trigger and learn how it works along the way, but of course I could change it if that is what people want.

Originally posted by playhouseEpic View Post
                        Very cool stuff, can I use it for a non commercial project?
                        Yes, it is released under zlib license, which basically allows you to do almost anything with it. Read the readme.html or license.txt which is included in the kit.

greetings

Comment

Thank you so much for this kit, it's awesome! But i have a question (sorry if it's stupid, i'm not familiar with UDK) : So how i do if i want to play with the adventure kit in an another level than "sampleMap"? For example if i create a new level, when i play on it i will have a first person view... I don't know how to "bring" the character with his animation, the camera... because before following the tutorial i have to create a new level with nothing on it and play with the little cube character and i don't know how to do it...
                          (Sorry for my english i'm french...)
                          Thank you for your anwser!

Comment

You have to select AdvKitGameInfo as your gametype in the udk editor
                            Someone made a tutorial video on how to change the game type here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHGzuf6NW84#t=25
                            At around 25 seconds he selects a game type.

greetings

Comment

Thank you !

Comment

Working...
                              X