Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by miatribe View Post
    Love the mountains in the background, could we get a few shots of them close up?
    sure i'll try and ge ta few up in the next few days!

Originally posted by YakZSmelk View Post
    This is great! Did you have any reference for actual Viking towns or did you just do the layout on your own?
    I pretty much made the layout up, but based heavily on the birka viking village.

Originally posted by Black_Stormy View Post
    Can you give me the address of that village? I'm going to sell my house and move there. Thanks.

Fantastic work.

Any chance of a ridiculously large download at hardcore resolution video?
    nah sorry 720p was the highest i was able to render at with out it spazzing out on me

If anyones interested in the water shader its upk + textures is here: http://mrsmo3d.com/udk/mrsmo_water.zip

based majorly on: http://www.chrisalbeluhn.com/UT3_Wat..._Tutorial.html

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Can you give me the address of that village? I'm going to sell my house and move there. Thanks.

Fantastic work.

Any chance of a ridiculously large download at hardcore resolution video?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks I'll be sure to try get hold of that awesome music

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Grimmycakes View Post
    Wow that is an amazing work of art you've done there. Any details on the music used? Love the water. And the whole detail to everything is perfect!
    The soundtracks used in the video are from the mmo "Age of Conan" (2008).
    Some nice soundtracks are used i agree ^^

Its the sountrack "The Dreaming anew - Memories of Cimmeria"

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Wow that is an amazing work of art you've done there. Any details on the music used? Love the water. And the whole detail to everything is perfect!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    This is great! Did you have any reference for actual Viking towns or did you just do the layout on your own?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    very nice job man

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Love the mountains in the background, could we get a few shots of them close up?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey thanks for the replies guys, I'm in the middle of moving house so haven't been able to get online.

Thanks for the links AB-1 I agree with you 100%, i never had time in the end to get those nice waving / living things in there, I might jump back into it and redo some stuff in the future. I've bookmarked those links, awesome!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Awesome indeed.

Two things. I would reduce the reflection effect of the water as it seems like the water is liquid nitrogen. The boards that are warped on the pathways and boardwalk should also be warped differently to give the the appearence of the act of the wood warping a more natural look. Right now the boards look like one of the villagers put them in a board stretcher and purposely warped them.

I found a National Park in Sweden that resembles the backdrop for your video.

Natur Vards Verket

Sweden Two

Flora and Fauna 1

Flora and Fauna 2 - This site has a group of fauna related to Sweden's environment. Adding them to your video should make the video more Nordic and geographically factual.

Watch out for the Cloudberries though....some have said that a few Alva still exist and will lure the unwary to their water slumber by enticing them with Cloudberries.

I have always liked the mythology behind the Norse as it projects a powerful view of the natural forces with respect to the natural forces of nature....the women aren't too bad looking either.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Before watching the vid, by looking at the pics, their so much realistic that I thought it was photos !

And I forgot to mention you use an excellent mixing of audio track & the flyby is also very well made.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    reminds me of skyrim this is just as good almost.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    When I saw your work I had only one thinking: True love, yes the water ( spectacular and f**king sexy effects wow ) the details, those infernal 6 months working with an better day-by-day UE editor, the deep of fields vision You got me my hat out my head clap clap clap!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks guys, hello cholden !

The water is a modified (badly) version of this shader by hourences: http://www.hourences.com/ue3-water-outdoors/

Confusion: this isn't for any game or mod it was just a portfolio piece, each house is around 3000 and the long houses are around 5000 triangles.

I'm glad you guy's like it, makes it worth it. Theres a few more screen caps here: http://mrsmo3d.com/albums/midgard/album/index.html and some work in progress shots here: http://mrsmo3d.com/midgard_screens/wip/

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Most excellent...

...and very experimental. This work is fully spectacular with the lighting, visuals, water reflections, statues, grasses, trees, mountains, smoke effects, nice custom music choice and camera movements in this comfortable 10 minute preview. Might be little added some essential decors, boat models and wooden styled stuffs here. Reminds me of the unknown village, in case, I couldn't find the location inspired with this work somewhere.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X