Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

DYSTOPIA -UDK- shortfilm -

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DYSTOPIA -UDK- shortfilm -

Here is my Bachelor Project. 6 month of work all by myself.
    Rendered in Realtime using UDK
    There are two version of the film. One is my orignial where I used music form Nine Inch Nails. The other one was created later and uses music from Philipp GrĂ¼nauer. Philipp is a fellow Student and he needed a project to finish all his courses at school. So he asked me if he can do an original score for my film.
    paulmader.blogspot.com

with music by NIN

with music by Philipp GrĂ¼nauer

Here is a flythrough the environment of the film

WOW! that is great

Comment

impressive work - the story has something of iRobot, but maybe because of the robots - really like it

Comment

This looks really fantastic. Any chance you can capture and post some hi res photos too?

Comment

This is really impressive. Did it play in realtime (at what framerate?), or did you use UDK as a rendering engine to capture tiledshots, stitching those together for your video?

Comment

Thanks Guys
            I used the engine video capture methode (console command "startmoviecapture"). tiledshot wasn't used for the video
            Framerate in DirectX9 is 40fps average only the opening shot with the city scape is with 16 fps the slowest scene. But I didn't had time to do any performance optimization.
            The DirectX11 version(the one in the video) is way slower it is about 15 fps average. lowest drop is 4 fps when the camera is super close to the chracter and tesselation becomes to complex.
            Tesselation is the main performance killer when it is disabled it runs almost as good as the DirectX9 version.
            My PC is a I7-2600 3,4 GHz, 8 GB Ram and Geforce GTX 560-Ti

I will make some Hi-Res shot soon.

Comment

Wow, wow & finally WOW !

Amazing in all way

Top work, I'm very impress

Comment

Great work. Maybe mocap next time.

Comment

what software did you use? 3dmax? zbrush?

Comment

Yes 3dsmax and zbrush for the two human characters

Comment

This is awesome! A little bit too much nudity perhaps. Especially to watch it in a University Lecture about 3D modelling like I did. xD

Comment

very nice work! i really liked the look and feel of the whole film!

Comment

Very impressive...Love the enviro..Loved the robotic fly..excellent work matey..

Comment

Your work is intended to be amazing. Great atmosphere, 3D shots and the environments are straight from the top. Keep up the good work.

Comment

Very well done;thanks for sharing.

Comment

Working...
                              X