Zombie Cat Slayer - Now Available on iOS devices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zombie Cat Slayer - Now Available on iOS devices

About a month ago I released my first iOS application titled "Zombie Cat Slayer", after several reviews and hours slaving in front of a screen I finally have managed to update it and give it more depth. Zombie Cat Slayer version 1.1 has went live tonight and hopefully thanks to some reviews on the UDK board it will be much funner to play!

You play as a puppy trapped in a cemetery armed with several new weapons you can acquire from the armory, you start off with a laser pistol but can acquire a plasma shotgun, plasma assault rifle, and a laser SMG. It has also been integrated with Game Center for leaderboards. The graphics have been touched up, as well as new music and sounds have been applied. If you have time to check it out please do, I look forward to the comments and criticism of the developers on this board. Thanks so much!

You can see screens and a brief detail at the following link http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/zombi...r/id492020354?

You can also visit the Official Facebook page here http://www.facebook.com/ZombieCatSlayeriOS

I would greatly appreciate it if anyone would help provide comments and criticism on this project, it would be wonderful to receive some feedback from fellow game developers.

Thank you for your time.

XJL394HY633W taken Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by JeNeI View Post
      XJL394HY633W taken Thank you
      You're quite welcome, hopefully the codes work like they should. If you have time please let me know how your experience with the product was, and provide feedback and suggestions if you have any. Thank you.

Comment

looks interesting..once itunes start workin ill try it out

Comment

The game looks extraordinary.The graphics are polished **** good.In the near future you could include more weapons though or stronger enemy cats (egyptian ghost cats,or sth like that ) ),and Game Center support (Achievements too).

Comment

Originally posted by JeNeI View Post
            The game looks extraordinary.The graphics are polished **** good.In the near future you could include more weapons though or stronger enemy cats (egyptian ghost cats,or sth like that ) ),and Game Center support (Achievements too).
            Thank you, Game Center support is definitely something in the works. As for the the stronger enemy cats, the first patch I release for the game will include the enemies getting stronger and stronger as time progresses.

Comment

used WLJKWXPK9MPE
              thanx a lot

character design etc looks cute/cool
              menus could use some work, score display too
              controls are.... horrible lol
              tried game on both ipad and iphone and joysticks and button are too far from edges of screen and fire button above top joystick makes playing really hard and very uncomfortable
              I would also suggest to make some decent loading/game start screen (something you can show in app store) as that will bring more attention to game
              also I'm not too sure if lighting and color scheme are attractive enough
              you went for cartoony look and it all looks cool but since it's dark and there is greenishbrown color that dominates the whole screen - again makes your game not very appealing and attractive to possible customers
              (most buyers are usualy attracted with shiny colors)

you still did a good job of putting everything together and releasing it and as I said before - it is cute enough that I won't trash it and I will play it from time to time
              (hopefuly there will be some good updates in future)
              maybe I sounded harsh but all these bad comments are to help you polish game and get better sales

Comment

I played around with this a bit and it's pretty fun!

If you're really invested into this game, I'd suggest adding to it. You have a good base to start from. Add some different enemies, a different level or two. Instead of ''play til' you die'', consider adding a time limit or a score limit (or a combination of hitting a score within a time), then as the player continues each challenge, make it more difficult. Maybe add a weapon or some melee abilities (block, dodge, melee attach).

Anyways, just some thoughts. Grats on the release!

Comment

used WLJKWXPK9MPE
                  thanx a lot

character design etc looks cute/cool
                  menus could use some work, score display too
                  controls are.... horrible lol
                  tried game on both ipad and iphone and joysticks and button are too far from edges of screen and fire button above top joystick makes playing really hard and very uncomfortable
                  I would also suggest to make some decent loading/game start screen (something you can show in app store) as that will bring more attention to game
                  also I'm not too sure if lighting and color scheme are attractive enough
                  you went for cartoony look and it all looks cool but since it's dark and there is greenishbrown color that dominates the whole screen - again makes your game not very appealing and attractive to possible customers
                  (most buyers are usualy attracted with shiny colors)

you still did a good job of putting everything together and releasing it and as I said before - it is cute enough that I won't trash it and I will play it from time to time
                  (hopefuly there will be some good updates in future)
                  maybe I sounded harsh but all these bad comments are to help you polish game and get better sales
                  I played around with this a bit and it's pretty fun!

If you're really invested into this game, I'd suggest adding to it. You have a good base to start from. Add some different enemies, a different level or two. Instead of ''play til' you die'', consider adding a time limit or a score limit (or a combination of hitting a score within a time), then as the player continues each challenge, make it more difficult. Maybe add a weapon or some melee abilities (block, dodge, melee attach).

Anyways, just some thoughts. Grats on the release!
                  Thanks to the both of you for taking time out to check out the game! I greatly appreciate it, I have been trying to get as much feedback on it as possible. I'll be continuing to improve the product and build off of it from as much of the feedback as possible, a one man project is more work than I originally thought. Xenobite, don't worry about sounding harsh, being blunt in a review is the best way to be. Let's me know where I could use improvement at, and what you actually do like. Once again thanks to the both of you for your reviews!

Comment

Version 1.1 has been released, with more features and game center integrations! Revised the information in the first post accordingly, thanks so much to everyone for their comments and feedback.

Comment

nice update although I seem to have a bad luck with bugs
                      after I killed few cats they stopped spawning

on second run it worked ok

Comment

I had some nasty bugs too.First there where no cats spawning after I reached 4100 points,secondly there was a cat in the air,couldn't shoot it,nor he could take health from me (have a screenshot too - need a email address to send).Lastly in the future Achievements would be a great feature

Comment

Thanks for letting me know about the spawning issue guys! I think i have located the issue and I will be attempting a patch out for it within the next two weeks. As for the cat in the air, I believe I am having some trouble with the navigation mesh. support@somegamecompany is the email address you could send that to if you would be so kind. Working on learning how to do achievements as we speak

Comment

Hey SADRabbit, I downloaded the update (sometime last week) and I noticed that the game was much more sluggish than before. I'd say down to around 10FPS and below, sometimes. I am using a generation-one iPad.

Comment

Email sent.

@Vawx & @SADRabbit

Game is a bit lagging on iPad 2 too

Comment

Working...
                              X