Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

True First Person Demo 2012-04-18

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by alvarofer0021 View Post
    You are not supposed to add a new socket what i meant is OPEN your skeletal mesh weapon in the UDK Editor and CREATE the socket there
    That is exactly what I did , I opened the skeletal mesh and added a new socket. When asked for a name , I named it "GunAimAdjustNode".

I found a variable
    Code:
    var SkelControlSingleBone GunAimAdjustNode;;
    in the original code and so i decided to give that name to the socket. i didn't change anything at all , there is also a second variable named
    Code:
    var SkelControlSingleBone HeadAimAdjustNode;
    I'm not sure which one is supposed to be the socket name. I just copy pasted the two functions and the variables from the original code... and changed this line
    Code:
    GunAimAdjustNode.BoneTranslation = tfpWeapon(Weapon).aimOffset;
    to
    Code:
    GunAimAdjustNode.BoneTranslation = UTWeapon(Weapon).aimOffset;

Comment

....GunAimAdjustNode is a NODE For animtrees why are you even using that

You just need to create a new socket NAMED SIGHTSOCKET and thats it and if your using this you shouldnt change the script reference from tfpWeapon to UTWeapon since TFPWeapon its exactly the same as UTWeapon except it only has the checks and functions for attachments/third person version of the weapon

Comment

Originally posted by alvarofer0021 View Post
        ....GunAimAdjustNode is a NODE For animtrees why are you even using that
        You just need to create a new socket NAMED SIGHTSOCKET
        oh god this is embarrassing .. but isn't that how u add sockets ? (using the socket manager) .. or is there another way ?

sorry , but i'm still learning

Comment

yes you do use the SocketManager for creating sockets but im telling you that the GunAimAdjustedNode is not the socket name you need to use its a node that its used in the character animtree

Now you only need a socket Named SightSocket and thats all that you need for the iron sight to work

Comment

How would one get hitzones to work? I noticed headshots no longer work with this.

Comment

wheres the cross hairs on hip firing mode

Comment

Originally posted by slowJusko View Post
                Update in the works, based on October 11 version of UDK.
                @slowJusko, where is the update available for download? Is it compatible with December 2011 version of UDK? Thanks.

Comment

Shouldn't be too much of a problem.
                  I've got it on the Feb 2012 base at the moment, albeit updated.

Comment

Hey,
                    I just installed your Source on my game, but when I try to start a game I can't press Enter or anything else to begin the match.
                    What did I do wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by slowJusko View Post
                      Shouldn't be too much of a problem.
                      I've got it on the Feb 2012 base at the moment, albeit updated.
                      @slowJusko, can you share a download link to your updated version?

I think your first post on this thread only listed a download link for your first release (September 2011). I'm having some problems which might be because of using your classes and thought if I had access to your updated version that might resolve the issues. Thanks.

Comment

Been busy being a dad & other real life things, but when I'm more happy with it, I'll upload it.

Comment

Hello

And I have a problem ... someone help me with the camera (first person) to pawn ...

This picture is TFPGame near a wall ..

http://uploadimage.ro/images/68147584637678120701.png

This is UTGame near a wall:

http://uploadimage.ro/images/64661145320967736878.jpg

How can I make camera to see that UTGame TFPGame?

near a wall when I do not want the gun to pass through it

Comment

Hey. Wondering if anyone can help -

I downloaded the files and overwrote then in my udk install, complied scripts..in the editor I selected tfp game type, but when I play in the editor I see no differ

ence from ut deathmatch.. How do I properly implement this?

Thanks in advance!

Comment

Confusion: For default the latest tfp version makes it so when your gun touches a wall it will lower down so it wont go trough it

and for motherjava Would you mind posting an screenshot? the diference would be that you can use Iron sight on all the weapons and can see your whole body(and sprint)

Comment

thanks for the quick reply.. I'll post a screenshot as soon as I'm back at my computer.. what button is supposed to be bound to the iron sight. Right mouse doesn't work for me

Comment

Working...
                                X