No announcement yet.

True First Person Demo 2012-04-18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So well slowJusko In order to get my Own weapon hold types to work I just export 1 frame animations with every pose? Left,Right crouch etc? And what if i wanted to use the aim offset system?

Comment

@alvarofer0021 :
      You could use a AnimNodeAimOffset if you had some standard aim offsets and use the AnimNodeSequenceBlendByAim for all the rest.
      From memory, Gears of War does this.

Otherwise, yes, 1 frame animations for the AnimNodeSequenceBlendByAim in each pose - CU, CC, CD, LU, LC, LD, RU, RC, RD.
      Once created, you turn them into additive animations in the AnimSet editor (see Creating an Additive Animation).
      As long as the name of the animations follow the proper naming conventions (Ready, ADD_Ready_CC etc) it will work with out modifying the animation tree further.
      You will need idle animations and such too, unless you want the poses blended with the default idle animation

Comment

WOW!...very nice;thanks.

Comment

Sorry for asking here again but i got one last question about the additive Animations

If lets say i create a animset holding all my weapons stances

Then ok i create a weapon that uses those animsets

But if i create a weapon that lets say Uses a diferent hand pose But the rest its the same as the animations

I need to create the whole set of animations for this weapon too?

Comment

Yes/no.
            It would depend on how different the animation was.
            If it was a simple shift of the left hand on the front of the weapon, then no.
            If it was a completely different style of aiming the weapon, then yes.

You could, for instance, share all the animations between an M4 Carbine and a FAMAS, with the FAMAS reload animation in a new animation set.
            Make sense?

Comment

Hi slowJusko,
              I was wondering how to implement a basic weapon using your true first person demo (Which is fantastic by the way);Should I derive from your shock rifle classes or the base UT shock rifle classes. The test I did made a gun (derived from the tfp files) that only pointed downwards, couldn't fire, and didn't do anything at all. It was derived from the tfp shock rifle class (With edits only to the class names and the skeletal mesh, which is a 3P mesh by the way), so is that the issue or something else?
              Thanks for the demo and any help!

Comment

Originally posted by Magitek View Post
                Hi slowJusko,
                I was wondering how to implement a basic weapon using your true first person demo (Which is fantastic by the way);Should I derive from your shock rifle classes or the base UT shock rifle classes. The test I did made a gun (derived from the tfp files) that only pointed downwards, couldn't fire, and didn't do anything at all. It was derived from the tfp shock rifle class (With edits only to the class names and the skeletal mesh, which is a 3P mesh by the way), so is that the issue or something else?
                Thanks for the demo and any help!
                you should always derive from the main weapon class (tfpWeapon)

make sure that your weapon had a fire projectile and damage type applied on its defaultproperties

Comment

It works now...I forgot to copy the sockets from the tfp shock rifle...noobish mistake.

Comment

I changed the default pawn to my own but now the camera is not behind my character or following it is just sitting still in the middle of nowhere how would I change this?

Comment

Originally posted by GentlemenGraphics View Post
                      I changed the default pawn to my own but now the camera is not behind my character or following it is just sitting still in the middle of nowhere how would I change this?

You will need to update your pawn to support the viewpoint via GetViewLocation(), CalcCamera() etc.
                      Probably just easier to modify tfpPawn directly or at least base your pawn off it.

Comment

Originally posted by slowJusko View Post
                        You will need to update your pawn to support the viewpoint via GetViewLocation(), CalcCamera() etc.
                        Probably just easier to modify tfpPawn directly or at least base your pawn off it.
                        Thanks but I don't know what to do. Could you explain in more detail please.

Comment

GetViewLocation() should be GetPawnViewLocation().
                          Aside from that, what other details do you need?
                          The code and model is right there

Comment

Hi. I have used your sword in-game but when I try to attack with it it does no damage. What do I need to do to have it kill a bot? MELEE!

Comment

Make sure you assign some damage to the sword. Then tell it what happens when it hits an enemy. ( take away damage )

Comment

Originally posted by aZzy View Post
                                Make sure you assign some damage to the sword. Then tell it what happens when it hits an enemy. ( take away damage )
                                Thanks for the advice aZzy but I think it already has damage assigned as it says in the code use scorpion blade damage type or something. Is this not what I need in the code?

What do I need to add or change in the code, the uc file?

Thanks aZzy and/or anyone else who helps.

Comment

Working...
                                X