No announcement yet.

True First Person Demo 2012-04-18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Perhaps it is something you should ask Epic about - controlling max tessellation.

Comment

I've got couple of errors about smft32.dll
      Then I've tried to get in game, and... nothing changed. I mean, I can't see any tfp things and like that. Maybe it's stupid question that I need to press any button? I've checked the bindings but nothing seems to be working.

Comment

Missing Seeing Machines DLL's.
        Search and comment out/remove any references to FaceAPI.
        Should sort it.

Comment

ill have to create a head for each body everytime? and btw theres a green box on my weapons i cant manage to take it off |: (starting unrealscript and udk noobie D: )

Comment

My character's body mesh is all one piece with the head. No problems. There is a bit in tfpPawn that draws the debug cylinder around your gun. I think it's in the part dealing with weapon obstruction. Just comment it out.

Comment

Originally posted by deserteaglex View Post
              theres a green box on my weapons i cant manage to take it off |: (starting unrealscript and udk noobie D: )
              Add the below code in your custom pawn class extended from tfpPawn. Green box and weapon 'obstructed' position will be removed.

Code:
              simulated function CheckWeaponCollision();

Comment

^ What they said.

A separate head is a valid solution, but you could also use a material or other trick to hide it.

Comment

Can you please update the code for 13-07-2013?
                  I get this Error, when i rebuild.

And so in the Game:

Comment

Just delete all references to FaceAPI and it should be fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

Comment

I'm not sure which files I need to delete. Can you tell me?

Comment

That is somthing you need to learn to do and fast
                        Go get yourself a decent text editor - I personally like Notepad++.
                        Use what ever search files function it has and you should find them quick.

Comment

There is no whole file that needs to be deleted. Just search the TFP pawn, controller, and input classes for anything havin to do with face API and comment it out/delete it. I think those are the only files that deal with it, but I could be wrong. I don't have the code in front of me.

Comment

Is there a version of this without head/face tracking, just plain old keyboard/mouse interaction?

Comment

No, there is not. But it is not hard at all to take that stuff out.

Comment

It works beautifully, but when I am doing now "Play on PC", the normal game mode is set again. I have also already written before the card name TFP and set everything in the World Properties, but it still does not work.

Comment

Working...
                                X